Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moisturising

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How often do you moisturise? and when?

Do you wash/shower/bathe and immediately do it or wait a bit?

Just curious to know.

I moisturise morning and night because i have really dry flaky skin on my face, if i have been in the shower i usually wait ten mins before doing it, not sure why i think i heard its best to wait for your skin to dry properly :chin:

Comments

• Options
    I use e45 on my face after washing in the morning, but rarely at night.
  • Options
    Always in the morning, sometimes at night too. I usually cleanse in the shower, pat dry, tone, ponce around a bit in my room for a bit and then moisturise before I do my hair, so probably about 10 minutes after.

ETA: That ^^ is just for the face. I moisturise my body every time I shower/bathe.
  • Options
    I moisturise my face every time I come out from the shower. I moisturise my body after a shower if I'm going to fake tan, but it's been ages since I last done that but my skin's quite smooth all over so I've been told. :naughty:
  • Options
    I never do either, however I did this morning because my face was dry. Hmm.
  • Options
    I use of Oil of Olay on my face morning ang night.
    Then every time I come out the shower I put on either Johnsons baby lotion or oil. I tend to just put it on straight away.
  • Options
    I use organic almond oil on my face day and night. I have such sensitive skin that I cannot use most of the stuff that you can buy in places such as Boots.
  • Options
    I mosturise my body after bathing. I dont mositurise my face very often, nothing seems to make any difference.
  • Options
    I moisturise my face morning and night and my body everytime I shower. I can't imagine what your skin must feel like, those of you who don't at all. Eww.
  • Options
    I use Johnson's baby oil in the morning after showering - you put it on while you're still wet and then pat dry and I find it keeps me lovely and soft. Then at night before I take off my makeup etc I use a body cream from Lush which has lavender and jasmine in it - it works overnight and smells all sleepy which is LOVELY!

I don't use moisturiser on my face, but I do use a facial oil by Uber which is really light and softens me up good.
  • Options
    I moisturise my face morning and night and my body everytime I shower. I can't imagine what your skin must feel like, those of you who don't at all. Eww.
    I always get told I've got really nice soft skin, thanks.
  • Options
    I moisturize body and face every time I shower and wash my face. I'm not dry looking but I get really dry and tight and itchy feeling when I don't and its annoying. I just use generic Olay for the face and Olay Quench for the body.
  • Options

yeah i bet it feels like sandpaper!...:yuck:

nahh. what a silly thing to say ilora :]

as for moisturising i try to do my face every day but it usually ends up being a few times a week, and my body when i get out of the shower.