Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question already...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello everyone:wave:

Just signed up after reading for a while and already have a question:blush:

I have just started seeing a girl for the first time (first 'proper' relationship anyway), and after talking with her for a while it turns out that this is also her first 'proper' relationship. Or be it, first relationship of any real kind.

I've talked with her about getting close, and at the moment she is cool with kissing/cuddling which I'm cool with. I suppose my question is, how do I know when she is ready to go all the way. She is quite quiet and I'm not sure whether she will tell me when the time is right, or whether I should just try and ask her.

I really don't want to pressure her at all, I'm just not sure where to start :confused:

I've only had one night stands so far, so am new to the whole relationship thing let alone her being a virgin and not knowing where to start.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe just say to her that when she's ready to take things further that she should let you know, either verbally or just with a gentle suggestion by moving her hand further down or vice versa? Just make sure that she knows that she's more than a one night stand to you (trust me, when the guys got experience and the girls a virgin it can be really intimidating) and make her feel special, if not with words then with actions. The more comfortable she gets with you the more likely she'll be more comfortable to take things further.

But don't put so much pressure on yourself to 'realise' when the time is right. Sometimes things just happen naturally without the need to break it down by talking about it. If she's not comfortable with the way it's heading I'm sure she'd say.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    Hi there hybrid, thank you for the response.
    I think for a start I'll try and get her something nice for valentines then:)
  • Options
    Anyone else have a suggestion / opinion?:)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I think you need to wait until she tells you. If you arent comfortable enough talking about it then perhaps its not the time.

You need to be able to discuss this sorta thing before you consider embarking on a sexual relationship for the first time.
  • Options
    1st of all how long you been going out with her?
    buy her some cheeky valentines gifts.... nothing real kinky but like so it gives her a hint... but at the same time likes the thought...

like glow in the dark dice haha
  • Options
    lol, thanks guys.

Tonight will be our third official date, but we have been chatting allot over msn/phone. We have both been chatting about the whole sex thing, just trying to be open with each other and so far it is going pretty well. I have gotten her some gifts for valentines which I'll be giving her later today, and see where we go from there:)

Thanks for your help guys and gals, :wave: