Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mouth ulcer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Aow! I've got a pretty sore mouth ulcer on the roof of my mouth where my gum meets my teeth. I think it's been brought on by stress from uni (doing my dissertation). It actually hurts me to eat, and I'm supposed to be going out for a Valentines meal tonight!

I've got bonjela which is ok, but it doesn't stop the pain when I eat. Anyone got any good suggestions or alternative rememdies? Or shall I just have to grin and bear it? :(

Comments

• Options
    The boots baby's teething gel does a better job at numbing the pain. But you would have to put it on just before you ate, and by the end of the meal it would probably have wore off/start wearing off.

I don't know any other quick fixes I'm afraid, horrid ain't they!
  • Options
    *Ashlee* wrote: »
    I don't know any other quick fixes I'm afraid, horrid ain't they!

Yep!

I'm just so pissed off because I don't go out for nice meals that often and the one time I do go out for one I have a fucking mouth ulcer!

It doesn't hurt so bad if I eat with the other side of my mouth so maybe I'll try that. It's just if food touches it, it's really sore.

I wonder if drinking lots of alcohol helps? :lol:
  • Options
    You can get stuff OTC from the chemist but might be a bit late now for them to work?
  • Options
    The best cure is vinegar, use a Q-tip to dab it on the ulcer, it burns like a bastard but cures them quickly.

That and big doses of chewable vitamin C.

In the short term I would also suck a throat tablet with local anesthetic.
  • Options
    Warm salt water mouth wash. Will make you want to vomit but its the only thing that will shift mine. Bonjela and the like has no effect.
  • Options
    Try some rinstead pastals. (sorry if thats spelt wrong) they take out the soreness.
  • Options
    Swill warm salted water around your mouth about 3 times a day - will definately help!
  • Options
    Bit late now, but there's a product called Anbesol which has an anaesthetic in it, very good for temporary relief of the pain.