Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ok basically looking for some help...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right ok here goes. Basically I was on the pill for about 4 years, then the xmas just gone I came off it on my break but didnt have any more to carry on with. I just came off the last day of my break when I had sex with a friend of mine on new years eve:banghead: basically since then ive done two pregnancy tests both negative but i still havn't come on..anyone actually experienced this coming off the pill? thanks

Comments

• Options
    yep, and it took ages for me periods to get back to normal-panic stations prob not needed yet w regard to the whole preg thing.
  • Options
    When I came off the pill (same way as you, just not taking it again after finishing the break) it took me about 8 months before my periods started again. It is different for everyone but certainly normal not to come on for a few months after coming off the pill while your body adjusts.

If you are really worried then go talk to your doctor about it, but I very much doubt you are pregnant :)
  • Options
    thanks both for the help, do you think I should go to the doctor and ask perhaps? cos I really want to get back onto the pill...but you can't get back onto it unless you have your first period since...is that right?
  • Options
    think thats right mate, pop down your GP tho and have a word. know how nearve wracking it can be waiting for a period sometimes-hugs!
  • Options
    thanks i appreciate the speedy replies, its just good to know that other people had experienced it, because I did go on a bit of a worry trip :blush: my fault for getting sloshed on new years and sleepin with one of my best mates haha:heart: