Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lube

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is the best lube to use with condoms?? Dont want any warming stuff or owt!! This may sound silly (but I've never used lube before!) do you put the lube up the vag or on the penis?!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    When we do bumsex we do both (around the anus and on the end of the penis), and we use Durex feel which isn't tingly or warming but it does heighten sensitivity a bit. I have used it on my ladyparts before and it works fine so I'd reccomend it :).
  • Options
    we use durex feel sometimes too and its fine.
    I used a superdrug own one before and i think that was even better actually. but i cant remember what it was called.
  • Options
    I like silicone based ones such as ID Millenium lube.

I put it on his bits and more on the entrance to mine rather than inside it as such.

Try out different types and brands until you find one you like.
  • Options
    we use durex feel sometimes too and its fine.
    I used a superdrug own one before and i think that was even better actually. but i cant remember what it was called.
    Was it cheaper?

The only reason we use it was because Rich already had it when we got together.
  • Options
    ew that must be old by now :p check the useby date!
  • Options
    ew that must be old by now :p check the useby date!
    Haha. We have a new one now. Although we DO still have the old one. I've got it here actually so I probably should check it :p.
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    Hiya,

This article should give you more of an idea of what sort of lube to go for...

Lubed up

You can even get ones that are 'edible' or should I say 'lickable'!
  • Options
    if its flavoured make sure its sugar free if you dont want a nice case of candida
  • Options
    Take note of the article:
    Whatever you decide upon, don't be tempted to resort to using oil-based products such as moisturiser, massage oil, baby oil, or Vaseline. They can rot a condom in seconds, and are hard to wash out of the body afterwards. For safer sex, choose a water-based lubricant.

Your best bet is to try some out and see what you think. If you write off to durex etc. they will happily give out free samples so you can test it out. One of my friends got about £70 worth of stuff for free just by asking!!
  • Options
    I have durex feel, just because it's what I noticed on the shelf more than any conscious decision.