Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Foundation help!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive never worn foundation before, i usually just use pressed powder. I want to try it out so i bought maybelline dream matte mousse, i thought this would be best to try first as it's light and not heavy on the skin (i have a few spots, dont want my pores too clogged!) I put some one today and it makes my skin appear dry and flaky. I mosturize twice a day and cleanse, tone and all that, and i exfoliate regulary. i wouldnt say i have dry skin! how do i stop this happening?

Comments

• Options
    Stop using that foul stuff, and use something better. :)
  • Options
    What's a good one? Nothing massively expensive though pleaseandthankyou.

Having read this I have discovered that perhaps is isn't my skin after all :o.
  • Options
    I've just discovered a good one by Benefit it's called Some Kind-a Gorgeous. It's a foundation faker and is really light and adapts to your skin. It's really good to wear just in the day on it's own and hides all the little imperfections too :thumb:
    It is £20 but lasts for ages and worth it!
  • Options
    Indeed.

That stuff is well gash.

I personally recommend Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect.
  • Options
    I don't know too much about cheaper foundations as I only wear higher end ones, but I've heard good things about Max Factor Colour Adapt, and Benefit foundations.
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I've just discovered a good one by Benefit it's called Some Kind-a Gorgeous. It's a foundation faker and is really light and adapts to your skin. It's really good to wear just in the day on it's own and hides all the little imperfections too :thumb:
    It is £20 but lasts for ages and worth it!

I highly recomend it:thumb::yes: (and everyother Benefit stuff, I'm addicted to it all)

I bought it last March and I've still got it! Its really good, its so light.
  • Options
    I reccomend a mineral powder. I use Pur. I could go on forever about how amazing it is but I need a shower :p Covers up any imperfection and keeps, including anything from massive zits to broken capilaries, has sunscreen, is so natural you can sleep in it even... oh so much more and it doesn't look like you are wearing anything, just a nice even soft glow.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    Having read this I have discovered that perhaps is isn't my skin after all :o.

ohhh... well me too! ive been using it for ages cos i thought it was meant to be good but have been wondering why my skin looks dry even tho it generally isnt and i moisterise lots...
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote: »
    ohhh... well me too! ive been using it for ages cos i thought it was meant to be good but have been wondering why my skin looks dry even tho it generally isnt and i moisterise lots...

I have to third or fourth on this. I'm also not dry but it makes me look a bit like a leper.
  • Options
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    I highly recomend it:thumb::yes: (and everyother Benefit stuff, I'm addicted to it all)

I bought it last March and I've still got it! Its really good, its so light.

Ooohh me too, I've got a new found love for Benefit :heart:
    The high beam illuminater is really good and so is the brightening face primer :yes:
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Ooohh me too, I've got a new found love for Benefit :heart:
    The high beam illuminater is really good and so is the brightening face primer :yes:

I've got bad gal mascara, blue eye shaddow thingy, high beam and 10 (the bonze and highlighter) I have only been using them for a year, I went to house of fraser and one of them advisors asked me if I wanted a make over, so thought why not! I was looking for makeup anyway for a wedding and I loved the look so much, I spent like £80!

I love the perfume maybe baby:heart::heart::heart: but I've got too much perfume, so need to use some of ones I've got then might treat myself!!!:angel:
  • Options
    I can't really afford to spend £20 on foundation when i dont really know if foundation is really for me..
    I'm also a little worried about liquid foundations clogging up my skin?
    Do you think if i mixed some of the mousse with moisturiser and then applied it would help?
  • Options
    You could always just buy a tinted moisturiser? That way it's lighter on your skin but you still get coverage like a foundation :)
  • Options
    I can't really afford to spend £20 on foundation when i dont really know if foundation is really for me..
    I'm also a little worried about liquid foundations clogging up my skin?
    Do you think if i mixed some of the mousse with moisturiser and then applied it would help?

If you put the mousse on JUST after your moisturiser, that does help.

I have the same problem with the mousse foundations, but I do have quite dry skin, and if I moisturise and then quickly go go go with it, it makes a big difference.
  • Options
    Yes, most liquids have a shelf life of around 12 months, and after that they tend to separate and 'go off' - you can tell by having a sniff - if they smell sweeter or more pungent, then you should throw it away. It's also unhealthy to use years old foundation as it is a perfect breeding ground for bacteria.
  • Options
    i use MAC foundation: it's excellent. dream matte mousse lasted me for ages and i always thought it was really good, despite me having dry skin. did you use a foundation sponge, or your fingers?