Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Oil rig bomb thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Did anyone see this?

Evacuating an oil rig because a woman had a dream about a bomb? What is the world coming to ffs? Oh, and that's £500k of our money that it cost to evacuate everyone.

Comments

• Options
    Did anyone see this?

Evacuating an oil rig because a woman had a dream about a bomb? What is the world coming to ffs? Oh, and that's £500k of our money that it cost to evacuate everyone.

As she seems to been having a nervous breakdown she'd have possibly been a bit incoherent and you can understand why the management decided not to risk it. They'd have been answering some pretty searching questions if it had exploded and they'd done nothing.
  • Options
    As she seems to been having a nervous breakdown she'd have possibly been a bit incoherent and you can understand why the management decided not to risk it. They'd have been answering some pretty searching questions if it had exploded and they'd done nothing.

Agreed, if they hadn't evacuated the headlines would have read

"callous oil bosses put profits before people" or something similar.
  • Options
    It's even more ironic that the person complaining seems to be a union boss - if I was a member of that union I'd be ask some pretty scathing questions about their attitude to health and safety...
  • Options
    Oil rigs are rigs, I'd still stick to the take action as soon as there is a slight querey on safety, ask questions later.

£500k is nothing compared to the tax those rigs bring in each year, and if you want to see what happens when you don't take rig safety seriously, do a search on Piper alpha.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Where does it say about a nervous breakdown? All I see is "upset". :chin:

Even more ridiculous is that she's supposed to appear in a court. "You are accused of having a terrorist dream, what do you have to say for yourself?" ?
  • Options
    Where does it say about a nervous breakdown? All I see is "upset". :chin:

Even more ridiculous is that she's supposed to appear in a court. "You are accused of having a terrorist dream, what do you have to say for yourself?" ?

I read in other articles descriptions which suggested she had had a short term breakdown and was hysterical and was shouting about a bomb and how she'd thrown it overboard.