Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is this just a cold?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was out shopping yesterday with friends and experienced what I thought was the begining of my period, achey back and that heavy feeling you get. We were inside a shopping centre that must have been heated and I was so cold I had to borrow my friend's fleece. Everywhere we went I felt cold and then I had a headache and felt like I had a temperature so we had to leave early and I just put it down to period pains.

I took some paracetomol when I got in and it seemed to get better yet still no period. In the car on the way back to uni I felt 'okay' and then I started to shiver. We turned the heating up high and yet I was still shivering. Got back to uni and I was scared to get out the car because I was hunched over and the shivering was uncontrollable. I collapse on my bed and wrap myself up and the shivering is awful and it's starting to scare me. Fall asleep with my boyfriend still in my clothes hugging me and then I felt fine and got hot in the night so changed into my pjs.

Today I've had a slight cough and a bit sneezy. It can't be the flu because I can still walk around and I'm not bed-ridden or anything. Didn't got to morning lecture because I felt fragile and now I'm sitting here on my laptop actually sweating. What's up with me?

Comments

• Options
    yeah probably just a virus of some sort, just sleep it off, if it gets worse go see a doctor but theres not much they will be able to do i wouldnt have thought.

the ball and chain had a cold not too long ago and she felt a bit like this

get better soon.
  • Options
    thanks

i was just a bit concerned because i typed shivering into nhs direct and it came up with just hypothermia :nervous: .. does shivering come under fever and temperatre symptoms?
  • Options
    thanks

i was just a bit concerned because i typed shivering into nhs direct and it came up with just hypothermia :nervous: .. does shivering come under fever and temperatre symptoms?

It can do but I agree with LuckyStrike it is probably just a virus or a really bad cold. I had something similar to this at christmas and it just turned into a bad cold but it did feel a little bit like flu. Just drinks lot's and keep warm and if you start to feel worse go to the doctors or the the pharmacist and see if there is anything they can offer you OTC :)
  • Options
    thanks will do :)
  • Options
    the ball and chain had a cold not too long ago and she felt a bit like this

:eek2: lol!
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    :eek2: lol!

what?!
  • Options
    As said, virus/bad cold probably, what you ahev sounds like the plague that's swept through my side of the office at work.
  • Options
    Yeah, sounds like just a cold, but a nasty one!

Take some time off, if you can. A day or two in bed doing absolutely nowt will get rid of it as quickly as poss.
  • Options
    Can't really take time off cuz I'm at uni but definitely will use it as an excuse to take it easy! I always freak out when I show any symptoms of being ill cuz I have a phobia of vomiting. Bahh