Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cutting laminate flooring...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
That's already on the floor. Can it be done? I know this must sound ludicrous but it's to get around a problem with new thresholds.

Comments

• Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    What's your problem? If you give more detail I might be able to answer better.

Yes you can cut laminate that's down but it's not ideal, use a lump hammer and chisel or a drill and jigsaw.
    Ideally you shoudl take the laminate back up though and then cut it too fit as you relay it
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Basically, the way the bathroom is, the tiles have been laid in such a way that the hall flooring comes in under the door, so when the door is closed there's part of the hall flooring coming in. The bathroom is being retiled and this problem c an be fixed now but obv the hall flooring is already down :chin:
  • Options
    Saeed MSaeed M Posts: 270 The Mix Regular
    An angle grinder/circular saw type tool might work, but would probably give you very rough edges. If it's just laminate and not hardwood then a stanley knife and some perseverence might work.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Depending on the type laminate can be taken back up and then cut and relayed. If it's glued then you can't, if its a click system such as Quick-Step you can.

If you can take it back up and then cut to fit that is your best bet. Else I would use a chisel. You can always cover rough finishing at the threshold with the right door bar.
    Weekender Offender