Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Lending money

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My friend lost/had stolen her money and cigarettes on a night out last week, only about £20. But she was pretty stressed so I lent her money to get more ciggies and get home. She still hasn't paid me back, and I feel kinda bad asking because she was unlucky to have it stolen in the first place and she was really upset at the time. It's only a tenner, but that kinda means a lot to me at the moment being a skint student!

How do I go about asking for it back? Or is it bit harsh asking for it back, it just have easily been me who had it stolen.

Comments

• Options
    tricky, Id say something like "i really really hate to ask cos i know it wasnt your fault you had your money nicked, but im absolutely skint so im gonna have to ask for that tenner back"
  • Options
    Yeh, it's only a tenner but if you really want it then ask her could she spare it.
  • Options
    Maybe if you felt uncomfortable asking for cash you could go out for a couple drinks or a meal and have her pay your way to make up for it.
  • Options
    one of my friends owes me 40 quid, i've asked her for it back about 3 times now, but now it's been about 6 months since i lent it to her... :rolleyes:

I agree with SuzyCreamcheese, just be really nice about it and say you hate to ask, but you're quite low on money at the mo and could you possibly have that tenner back? Think about it: If your friend asked you for a tenner back that you owed them, in the same situation, I'm sure you wouldn't be mad at them for asking! So just remember that and pluck up the courage to ask her! :)