Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

working on my chest

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
OK, I'm fairly fit and healthy, go down the gym etc, but one part of me that i'm not particuarly happy with is my chest, I want to tone it up a bit but don't want to get bulky (in fact I don't want it to get bigger at all, maybe even reduce in size). Anyone got any tips to tone/slim down my chest area without building too much muscle bulk?

I heard you can't really target specific areas and aerobic was the way to go, which is fine I guess, I run and cylce sometimes. I do the peck deck thing at the gym, but keep it to lots of reps on a very low weight as i don't want any more bulk. Anything else I can do?

To be honest, even if I didn't reduce fat that much, just shape them a bit so they were more manly and squarer (if that makes sense?!)

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    well

if you want them to look more toned you need to reduce fat

if you want them to be bigger to need to add muscle

;)
  • Options

yeah I want to reduce fat in that area, but just wondered if there were better ways than just normal aerobic exercise (primarily running and cycling), or if there were better things to be doing.
  • Options
    Seated chest press and reclined chest press.

So long as you keep to multiple reps / low weight then you shouldn't bulk up. But don't be too worried, it's not like you'd turn into Arnie overnight.