Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gotta Love Ebay

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I'm a little bit mad. I stayed up until 4am, so I could bid on a Marc Jacobs watch on the US Ebay haha... but I won, and got it for the bargain price of £67 (RRP £200) et Voila...
marcjacobswatch.jpg

So who else couldn't live without ebay, and who else has got stuff you're oh so chuffed with?

Comments

• Options
    That's quite pretty.

I've only used eBay once. I don't really like it, I find it confusing.
  • Options
    Got to look hard for the good stuff nowadays that's the problem :)

Got a show jacket rrp. £180 for £80 which is great as it should last a long time *touch wood*

Also bought the first two series each of 24 and prison break recently. Don't tend to buy clothes anymore. Just odd bits and bobs.
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't buy clothes on ebay, as they've always not been 'quite right' when they arrive - fit, colour etc.

Which is why I'm now obsessed with buying jewellery, makeup and anything else you can't get wrong hehe. I just hope my watch doesn't get damaged during delivery!
  • Options
    I've been able to get books as little as penny for my uni course, so it's saved me loads!
  • Options
    my love affair with EBAY has come to an end, because I cant get on it at work and my mate with a computer at home moved out in June.:crying:
    Used to get loads on there-really great Urban dacay makeup at a fraction of the price, and David and Goliath pjs and bags....steal prices...those were the days...
  • Options
    nice watch!
  • Options
    thats a nice watch, i've looked at watches on ebay before but am never to sure about their authenticity, same goes for a lot of other designer gear, a bloke at work paid close to RRP for a watch and a jacket once and when they arrived you could tell they were knock off nigels.

any tips?
  • Options
    Following this thread, I went to eBay (oops) and am now bidding on Desperate Housewives season 3. It closes in 4 hours.

Trouble is, I go home at 5pm so can't do anything after that. At the moment I'm the top bidder. Any tips on how to make sure I get it?
  • Options
    you're best bet is just to put in a max bid of the most you wanna pay and let it run its course, if not find another auction, stuff like that will come up all the time.

of course again ebay is rife with copied DVDs, so make sure you check their feedback
  • Options
    Been using it for years
    Love it me :thumb: :D
  • Options
    thats a nice watch, i've looked at watches on ebay before but am never to sure about their authenticity, same goes for a lot of other designer gear, a bloke at work paid close to RRP for a watch and a jacket once and when they arrived you could tell they were knock off nigels.

any tips?
    Usually, if you know what you're buying, then you can sometimes tell just from the pictures they've posted - a lot of Chanel makeup on ebay is so obviously fake, because I know how they package their products.

It also helps to make sure the description states 'authentic' as if it turns out not to be, you can make a claim to ebay and go through a 'false advertising' claim or something like that.

Also check their feedback for items of a similar make/brand - you'll usually get feedback that says 'great seller authentic product A++++' sort of thing, and if it happens more than once, you're pretty much okay with that seller.
    Always check their negative feedback, I won't buy off anyone with less than 99% feedback, especially if they're selling designer goods.

Basically, know what you're buying - look at the item in real life if you can, touch it, examine it, then go back to ebay and buy it that way. That way you'll know if there are any discrepancies between the genuine article you've seen/touched and a counterfeit.
  • Options
    it looks rather nice...

maybe not nice enough for 67 quid :eek:
    otherwise: cool bargain.
  • Options
    I like it, looks a bit bondage.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    it looks rather nice...

maybe not nice enough for 67 quid :eek:
    otherwise: cool bargain.
    It's £200 in the shops! I was prepared to pay that, but £67 wasn't as painful on the purse hehe.
  • Options
    I love ebay, im bordering on addicted. I buy all my nail stuff from there, always have a bargin!