Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

2 litres a day?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do you drink 2litres of water a day?

Comments

• Options
    No. I drink a litre on a good day.
  • Options
    No and apparently it's a load of crap. Drinking 2 litres of water just makes you go to the loo more :)
  • Options
    No I don't think I do but like Rubberskin says I think I heard the other day that there's no scientific basis for the goodness of doing so.
  • Options
    probably not
  • Options
    When I have been better at drinking 2 litres a day, i find it clears cellulite up quite nicely though
  • Options
    I only drink water or tea so I reckon I drink more than 2 litres a day. I love water, I don't care if it has a benefit or not!
  • Options
    I do when I'm at work, but on my days off I get really dehydrated
  • Options
    Yes, much more probably, but not because I should. I probably have too much :p I just really like water.
  • Options
    I drink about 2 litres of Pepsi a day, if that counts :thumb:
  • Options
    I find the constant weeing a right embuggerance!
  • Options
    I drink between 2 and 3 litres of water a day, plus approx 1-1.5 litres of protein shake/post workout drink and perhaps 500mls of carb drink (if working out).

I'm just a thirsty person and reach for my bottle of water all the time as it's always next to me on my desk (you'll be surprised how this happens if it's just next to you!). I carry it practically everywhere in my bag too, so am always swigging from it.
  • Options
    Same, I carry water everywhere with me. If I forget to take it I always buy some as soon as I get near a shop! I hate being without a drink.
  • Options
    Same, I carry water everywhere with me. If I forget to take it I always buy some as soon as I get near a shop! I hate being without a drink.

:yes:
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    embuggerance!

Word of the Week :thumb:
  • Options
    Yes probably as thats all i normally drink.
  • Options
    this whole 2 litres of water a day thing is another case of research being mis-interpreted by media deperate for a story.

If you read the research is says a regular person should consume 2 litres of liquid on a regular day (exercise wise). This liquid comes in the fruit you eat, milk on your cereal, soft drinks, tea, coffe etc. It doens't say you should have 2 litres of water. For the average person this is far too much as you are already getting a lot of liquid from other sources, including food.

Obviously if you're exercising you need more, but on an average day I have 2 pints which is just under a litre and a half.
  • Options
    I do, either water or green tea. I must drink about 3 liters of green tea a day and always have a bottle of water with me. If I don't I find I get bad headaches as I'm dehydrated :(
  • Options
    Mabye not two litres - but it might be getting on 1.5l a day - which'll do for me!
  • Options
    So, forcing myself to drink 2l of water a day to aid weight loss is pretty pointless?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I reckon about 1 litre a day, probably mainly mixed in with squash.
  • Options
    Okay, right.

When I was drinking lots of water before Christmas and I felt less tired, so will probably will keep it up.
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    So, forcing myself to drink 2l of water a day to aid weight loss is pretty pointless?

No. If you're working out or it's hot, then you'd need more liquid (whether it's water or squash) than you normally would on a day when you wouldn't work out.

What red_jelly said, I was sure I've heard it before.
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    Word of the Week :thumb:
    pffft, stolen off Terry Pratchett!
  • Options
    pffft, stolen off Terry Pratchett!
    I've never read any Terry Pratchett books, the word just makes me giggle!
  • Options
    It wasn't in his books, I saw him use it in the news story the other week when he was saying how he has just discovered he has Alzheimer's. It's just such a Pratchett word! :D

(nb not accusing you of stealing really etc)
  • Options
    It wasn't in his books, I saw him use it in the news story the other week when he was saying how he has just discovered he has Alzheimer's. It's just such a Pratchett word! :D

(nb not accusing you of stealing really etc)
    It's cool, I understand!:)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    No and apparently it's a load of crap. Drinking 2 litres of water just makes you go to the loo more :)

I have no idea where you heard that, but I say it's safe to claim, that this recommended value was not just made up.

there hardly is too much to drink, but there certainly is a too little to drink.

unfortunately I don't reach my 2 litres a day.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I drink whenever I'm thirsty, and each of these times I drink as much as I need to stop being thirsty. Simple as that.
    I've never tried to measure how much water a day that ends up being, and I'm not planning to. I think that basing your life on numbers (at least that much water, no more than so many calories etc) is no more than a good way to add more stress on yourself.
  • Options
    I drink at least 2 litresa day

Certain times of the year I ramp it up to 5 or 6 litres+

LOVE IT
  • Options
    At least two litres a day. I love water, and always carry a bottle of it around with me too.