Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cold sores...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone else suffer these horrible facial additions?

I tend to have them at least twice a year. Most annoying I must say. I so want to burst the blister but I know I probably shouldn't.

If I was to pop it, what's the best way?

Comments

• Options
    I do :(

Get them when I'm run down, which seems to be pretty much constantly these days. Last winter I had 9 of the bastards in 8 weeks. Not fun.

If you can resist popping them (I know it's hard!) then they go away quicker. And try to avoid touching them!
  • Options
    I used to get them but I haven't for a couple of years, try not to burst them as they look worse and take longer to clear up, I never used zovirax or anything as I didn't find it worked but I used to dab mine with TCP, it stung like hell but it really dries them up quick.
  • Options
    When I was younger I used to get them all the time especally in the winter but not so much now that I'm older.
  • Options
    I don't get them, but i imagine the best way to pop them would be the same as with pimples, sterilise a needle and the area and pop it. I could be wrong though? *waits for someone to tell me that would make it worse*
  • Options
    Well it's been and gone. But using accivlior cream (sp?) and not touching it. The quickest one I've ever had. Good stuff.
  • Options
    you shouldn't pop them as the fluid in them carries the virus and could transfer so you'd end up getting them on another part of your body too. Also, no kissing/oral sex while you're shedding for the same reason.
  • Options
    I suffer from cold sores. The last couple of times I started applying acyclovir cream to speed up the healing. It is quite effective for cold sores. BTW, when the blisters are covered with cream it helps to avoid touching.