Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First date over...now what?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all. I was reading this forum frantically yesterday trying to find out what I should do for the first date I had last night. It was with a girl I've been friends with for a while, and at a new years party, she started talking to me closely and a couple of days later, asked if the two of us could go to the cinema. Who was I to say no? She's cool

So we went to the cinema, and being the person I am, which is not very confident, I decided not to overstretch in terms of contact, seeing as we were just seeing each other. Anyway, afterwards, I texted her to ask if she had fun, and her reply was that she had a great time. Thought that was a bit much, because all we did was go out and watch a film, but her words, hehe. I offered a meal but she'd had something not long before coming out, so we went straight home after the film

I'm a little worried she was lying about that, as I just found out today that she prefer's guys who are, in the words as I heard them, "Straight to the point".

Anyway, what I want is advice about where to go next, how to approach her, where to go, what to do, and such like that

Any advice would be great, thank you :)

Comments

• Options
    ask her out again. simple.
    you know what she is into better than us lot... what do you think she would enjoy?
  • Options
    Yeah say it'd be good to do it again, maybe ask her what she'd like to do or where she'd like to go?

Don't read too much into throwaway comments either, go with your gut instinct if you can.
  • Options
    What theyve said above, ask her if she fancies going out again?

When i had my first date, she said we wouldnt meet for a while as shes busy. I text her a few days later asking if she wanted to meet at the weekend as i was now free. She said yes and we have been together since!
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    Yeah say it'd be good to do it again, maybe ask her what she'd like to do or where she'd like to go?

It's a bugger when the girls never says what she wants to do, as is my case.

To the original poster, yeah just ask her out again. I've just had a second date, and while i'm fine with asking her out again, i'm running out of things to do, how sad is that after just 2 dates? I am thinking of doing a day date next though, then we can do a museum or something. In terms of evening dates though what is there? We've done meal and cinema, we've done a drink... what else is there?

If you want to go for a meal (always a winner) then let her know before hand that you intend on eating out, maybe combine it with something else like going for a drink after, or eating after an afternoon out.
  • Options
    To the OP, yup, ask her out again. I would have thought that would have been a fairly straightforward move? As for what to do, go to the park and have a picnic or just a walk around, head to local art gallery or museum, just go for a coffee?

To Red Jelly, do you drive? If so, you could take her on a wee drive to some place nice, or just for the scenery. I did that with my GF loads when we started dating, and it's a really good way to get to know one another without loads of people around. As for night dates, I took my GF to a cocktail masterclass where we got to make cocktails, and that went down really well. How about a concert or something you both like? Or maybe there's a play or musical going on?
  • Options
    Thank you for the advice everybody, all very valuable! I asked her out again for a meal, and she said yes. Woo :) Dunno when yet, as I have that bug thats been going around, annoyingly, but we've been chatting and getting along well

Just another small query, I was wondering what advice anybody might have in the realms of physical contact? I'm a nervous and unconfident person by nature, I'm afraid she'll feel offended if I don't give her enough, but also scared of overstepping certain boundaries

Its all very confusing to me, lol. Any advice would be fantastic. Thanks

*Sorry I haven't been able to reply sooner, computer keeps being wrong*