Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Wearing OH's clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the moment I'm wearing his fleece- it's a work one, so it's big, warm, and best of all smells of him. Sad thing is I need to give it back to him later, or tomorrow :( I only wear his football shirts, jackets and fleeces though.

Is it just me, or is there something romantic and loving about wearing clothes that belong to someone so close to you?

Comments

• Options
    Well, if I'd worn any of the coats of my previous girlfriends, I would have looked very silly. I'm just under 6ft tall. My tallest girlfriend was 5ft 6in, so they wouldn't have been a very comfy fit, if you catch my drift. Personally, I can't see what's romantic about it. Pleasant, yes. Romantic - I wouldn't use that word personally.

It's more of a comfort thing, I suspect. If you miss someone, and you wear something that they've worn, it reminds you of them. Or let's say that you usually sleep with your partner in a double bed. If they're not in the bed that night and you miss them, you might sniff their pillow, for instance. It's certainly a sign of something special, I'd say that.
  • Options
    Yes, maybe pleasant is the word to use then. I'd agree with the comfort thing :)
  • Options
    I hope the boxers are clean.
  • Options
    Done once, she used an Aberdeen FC hoodie I had.

Somehow it ended up back at hers and have I seen it since? Have I shite.

Never again.
  • Options
    cant get in Matts jeans-he is 4 inches shorter than me-canget them up but not do em up, as i think he is desended from Skeletor 2 plus theyre 2 short by a mile
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »

With my last ex, he let me keep one of his Arsenal football shirts to wear in bed, haha. Whenever I wore it in bed though and he was there, it always turned him on :lol: I used to wear it because it was big and was like a nightie!

That reminds me, I used to wear my fella's t-shirt in bed ages ago. He gave it to me when I went away on holiday, he took it back though when he was around at mine and got the one he was wearing dirty and needed something clean.

Only time I wear his clothes now is when I stay over and can't be bothered to get dressed so I just put a t-shirt on to go downstairs in.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is there something romantic and loving about wearing clothes that belong to someone so close to you?
    i think it works better for girls than guys :)
  • Options
    i've 'borrowed' (stolen) my boyfriends coheed and cambria tshirt, i wear it around the house sometimes or to sleep in, haha! its so comfy though and yes it does smell of him :blush: and its just generally nice. he likes it when i wear it too for some reason.
  • Options
    My ex still has one of my tops and a pair of my Adidas trackies... :chin:

My other ex made me dress up in her clothes once, then applied make up e.t.c. :confused: Then she took photo's and bluetoothed them to all my mates. :yeees: Bitch.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    My other ex made me dress up in her clothes once, then applied make up e.t.c. :confused: Then she took photo's and bluetoothed them to all my mates. :yeees: Bitch.
    :lol:
  • Options

Aye my girlfriend keeps trying to put makeup and nail poish on me. I tell her to fuck off all the time.

Don't wear each others clothes but I'll offer her my coat if she's cold or whatnot.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Not a fan of wearing womens clothes to be honest especially the underwear. Too much chaffing.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Better than taking your clothes and locking you out of the house, isn't it? ;)
  • Options
    My ex still has one of my tops and a pair of my Adidas trackies... :chin:

Lol my friend did that once to this lad she was seeing, he was dressed up in one of her pink nighties posing. The we drunkenly blootoothed it to randoms while we were in a club one night while he was there. Don;t think he ever found out either ;)

I wear my boyfriends t shirts but only to the gym, there mostly his bands old t shirts. There really baggy and comfy to wear to the gym too. Sometimes on the rare occasion I am ever at his house I'll wear his pj bottoms and a hoodie.
    I've given his friend one of my jumpers once, this bright coloured thing from primark which was a size 8-10 and fit him perfectly, he is absolutely skinner...the lucky bugger, I'm so jelous :( Worse thing is it looked better on him than it did me too!
  • Options
    I like the idea of borrowing clothes, but doesn't work out so well in reality as he is all tall and manly and I am all midgety and scrawny. I do steal his beanie when it's raining though, as it fits my disproportionately large noggin perfectly!
  • Options
    i love wear my boyf clothes.
    Ive got about 3 hoodies, pair of trackies and boxers :)
    Yes it is very reassuring and comfoting
    Turns him on too

wouldnt be impressed if he wore my clothes though :yuck:
  • Options
    Not a fan myself, I did feel good when I fit into my ex's jeans though, especially since they weren't as snug on me as they were on her!! :D

I quite like girls wearing my clothes though. I have a few Yankees tees and Arsenal shirts that have my name printed on them, was a bit of a turn on to see my exes in them... God knows why.
  • Options
    I used to wear all my ex's clothes, boxers, tshirts, trackies, trainers etc.

He used to wear my trackies coz they were lads ones and my socks and my shorts and my trainers.

never my underwear though.
  • Options
    She nicks my boxers and my t-shirts, funnily enough I don't nick hers.

I do always wake up snuggled into her pillow when she's not here. Aww.
  • Options
    i borrow his tshirts sometimes. Especially handy when mine dont fit me anymore.
    He nicks my socks especially my stripey ones, and he borrowed a pair of my black trousers for a wedding once, although he said the fly was too short and annoying as it meant he had to pull his trousers down to go for a piss.
  • Options
    i borrow his tshirts sometimes. Especially handy when mine dont fit me anymore.
    He nicks my socks especially my stripey ones, and he borrowed a pair of my black trousers for a wedding once, although he said the fly was too short and annoying as it meant he had to pull his trousers down to go for a piss.

cant say id be happy with my OH wearing my trousers :eek:
  • Options
    Yerascrote wrote: »
    Aye my girlfriend keeps trying to put makeup and nail poish on me. I tell her to fuck off all the time.

Don't wear each others clothes but I'll offer her my coat if she's cold or whatnot.

haha, i do that to my boyfriend too, its just fun! he let me paint his nails the other day though, lovely.
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    cant say id be happy with my OH wearing my trousers :eek:

they were only plain ones, the ones he thought he was gonna wear didnt fit him and he didnt realise until the last minute. You wouldnt have known they were womens unless someone told you though. We were a similar size then
  • Options
    I can't wear my OH's clothes. She's tiny. She sometimes wears mine, and has a bunch of stuff I don't fit but can't bear to throw out!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    She nicks my boxers and my t-shirts, funnily enough I don't nick hers.

I think you'd suit a wrap round cardy and stilettoes :)
  • Options
    well for the most part i think its gonna be women wearing their fella's clothes .. otherwise it'd just be a bit strange!

it is cute seein a girl wearin your stuff tho
  • Options
    yeah im a fan of nicking my boyfriends clothes, i've got a hoody of his, and a tee shirt kicking about somewhere
  • Options
    He just gave me one of his tshirts actually. It's kinda dorky really. He has a Nintendo red t-shirt that says Team Mario on the back and I have the blue t-shirt that says Team Sonic :blush:
  • Options
    I always wear OH's clothes or just my boy mates if I stay over theirs. I've got quite a collection of lads clothing. As a matter of fact I'm wearing a big rugby shirt now !