Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hmm being self conscious

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not all women are skinny models. I have so many close friends who are so self-conscious about the shape of their bodies. And it’s so disheartening to see all these skinny model-types on tv and makeover shows where big people get some sort of surgery done for the sake of beauty. They need to come out with shows or movies with real people. I really look up to Nikki Blonsky from Hairspray and Jennifer Hudson from DreamGirls...

is there anyone you look up to??

Comments

• Options
    justdecent wrote: »
    is there anyone you look up to??

nope :D

people have insecurities. fact of life.
    do whatever makes you happy.

also why are there so many threads about fat people recently?
  • Options
    otter wrote: »

also why are there so many threads about fat people recently?

new year diets
  • Options
    I am probably one of the worse self soncious people around. I won't look at mysef in a mirror where I can see my body unless it is necessary. I hate to see myself naked, making sure like if I'm in the shower I'm covered up right until I get in then I do it as quick as possible. Anything to be naked for the least amount of time.
    I have a funny routine of getting dressed and changed, making sure that nothing of me is on show :rolleyes:
    When I look in the mirror and don;t see me as I "supposedly" look but how I think I look, which is nothing like the real thing. I spot everything thats worng, imagine myself sizes bigger than I am. I can look at myself and to me I can see if I've even put a lb of weight on...I know I can;t but in my eyes I can.
    I hate for my bf to see me naked and to touch me, it makes me feel sick because how bad I feel I am. And I have a strange habit of feeling like my hips, love handles etc and imaging that just through the course of a day I've put on weight :(
    The only time I'm not like this is when I'm pissed, that may be the answer to my problems, continual pissedness :chin:

I look up to girls like that have been mentioned and people like charlotte church and think good on you for not caring, but there not who I would ideally look like. I just admire their strength and how they don't let others affect them. I admire to be one of these models thats unrealistically skinny!

Apart from all that I'm pretty normal ;)
  • Options
    they should have shows about plus-sized models!!!! Because that IS the norm... anything over a size 4 is considered plus size.. crazy if u think about it!! I really like nikki blonsky though.. she looks really down to earth; she's inspirational like america ferrera from ugly betty! I'm going to be watching nikki on lifetime for her new movie called "queen sized" :)
  • Options
    i have an issue with my thighs also and it's sooo annoying!! i try to lose weight but it's my worst spot! took me 3 months one time to lose 10lbs.. crazy :eek: :eek:

but i do love nikki blonskyyy !!! :hyper: