Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stomache flu and doctors

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Can the doctors do anything about a flu? I got the stomache flu Saturday night and by yesterday I thought I was alright. Still felt like crap but I wasn't getting sick anymore. Then today I've got the fever back, stomache feels worse than yesterday and have been getting little bouts of sick. I just don't know what else to do I'm this close to calling the doctors, though I'm quite sure there is nothing they can do for a silly flu.

Comments

• Options
    they'll no doubt tell you to drink plenty of fluids.
    how do you know its stomach flu and not food poisoning?
  • Options
    There's a stomach virus thing going around a lot at the moment, lasts 2-3 days but then takes a few more days to get over completely.

Norovirus or something, it's been in the news a bit. Advice is plenty of fluids, in small sips if needed, and rest, staying away from work/school until completely gone as very contagious.

They've said generally people don't need to go to doctors, and doctors can't do much, unless patients are vulnerable in another way.

If you're keeping some food down, and getting plenty of liquids there's not much the doctor will do until it's been going on a bit longer.

Personal top tip is half flat Coca Cola, lots of sugar, sits well in the stomach so gets you energy and fluids.
  • Options
    Interesting. So just leave an open can in the fridge for a bit?

I was thinking the doctors couldn't do anything, but I thought I'd ask just in case. Thanks for the tips :)