Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dating Advice.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all,

This is my first post so please be gentle :D

I recently met a really nice person on a night out, we had both been drinking which is primarily one of the reasons I am looking for some advice as I wouldnt want to mess anything up.

Anyway, I met this wonderful person, they are a friend of a friend so which is why I wouldnt want to get the wrong idea and possibly cause friction between people. They approached me on a night out as a group of friends and we started talking, we must have spent around 3-4 hours chatting to each other, the person in question was very touchy feely and always kept eye contact, in some cases just stared into my eye's for ages.

Well my impression was that they were interested, but they are also a very attractive person, and chatting with them for 3-4 hours is probably the longest Ive talked to anyone on a personal basis that attractive before.

Well long story short, later that night just before the pubs were about to close I asked for their number, while they didnt refuse to give me it, they said I could get it off a friend who was also out that night.

Question is, considering they had been very open, touchy feely and kept eye contact pretty much all the time, should I take the refusal of the number as a sign to stay away or was the persons friend just being protective.

I will see them out again as we often go out as a group, if and when I do should I go for it or hang back and see what happens.

any advice is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    I have no clue if you are a girl or a dude, or if that other person has a hoo-hoo or a penis.

While not probably essential, it might help with the advice giving.

/e: in general.

Nah, don't let such little stuff scare you off. It's not entirely impossible that he forgot his own number (i sometimes give out my old cell number), especially when it's new. Just ask the friend. If he says "he instructed me to not give you the number" or some shit, well, there you have the answer. If he obliges, just try it out.
  • Options
    im a he and she's a she.

I asked her friend (my mates girlfriend) for the number that same night but she wouldnt give it to me, thaught i was trying to "blag" it no doubt. Obviously girl being protective of her friends as we had only just met that night. It was close to 1am though and we had all been drinking most of the night.

Thing is she is stunning, certainly higher class than ive been out with before, but considering she initiated everything, i guess she must like what she see's (although i was dressed as a pirate on new years eve when we met).
  • Options
    Just a theory, that it may have been some sorta test too see how keen you were, i.e could you be bothered to put in the extra effort and were not willing to simply take her refusal.
    Then again she could have simply found you interesting but wasn't interested on a sexual level.
    Or she was just really bored and had nothing better to do than talk to you.

Anyway, no harm in seeking out her number and giving it a shot, could be the best thing you ever did :)
  • Options
    Possible, but their was approx 15 of us out that night so certainly not a lack of people to chat with, her best friend was out as well (not my mates girlfriend).

Still she will be out again, and i'll make sure i run into her again, she no doubt had a look through all the photo's they took that night, good sign i guess is if she can remember my name when we run into each other again.
  • Options
    If you can't get her mobile number, have you thought about other ways of sending a message? If you know her name try and find her on facebook or myspace, or keep having a go at her friends to get the number from them. One of them will tell you, especially if you imply that you have "lost" the number since the night out because of a problem with your mobile.

If you don't send some message you won't know where you stand. A lot of people don't like giving their mobile number out- I don't- and it could be to do with that.
  • Options

Thing is she is stunning, certainly higher class than ive been out with before, but considering she initiated everything, i guess she must like what she see's (although i was dressed as a pirate on new years eve when we met).

I have had that too. She talked me up, cool convo almost all night. At the end of it I ask her for her phone number, she said to add her on one of those network sites (like facebook I guess, but it's for students..), turns out she had a b/f.

So don't have your hopes too high.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    I have had that too. She talked me up, cool convo almost all night. At the end of it I ask her for her phone number, she said to add her on one of those network sites (like facebook I guess, but it's for students..), turns out she had a b/f.

So don't have your hopes too high.

We established the have you or havent you part from the start pretty much, she asked me within minutes of starting to chat if i had a gf, i asked her the same question (bf instead ofcourse) to which she replied no.

i'll meet her again as she goes out often enough, i only need to meet her once more to find out really.

just hope its sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    We established the have you or havent you part from the start pretty much, she asked me within minutes of starting to chat if i had a gf, i asked her the same question (bf instead ofcourse) to which she replied no.

i'll meet her again as she goes out often enough, i only need to meet her once more to find out really.

just hope its sooner rather than later.

The boyfriend (or girlfriend) doesn't have to be the reason or the make-believe. It was just an example that a really cool evening out with butterflies in the belly is often less that it seems.

good luck, however.