Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Getting it on with a friend

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
It's been a while since I've been on thesite, but the time has come where I feel I need the support of the relationships forum once again!

What are people's opinions about kissing your mate? Best guy mate that is. And not just once, but pretty much everytime we're alone together and a little bit drunk! And then afterwards, it not being akward, or having long in depth discussions about how we feel about it, but just getting back to being mates again. It started off as a one-off thing, but now has kinda esculated to a regular thing.

I suppose the automatic answer is to start a relationship with him if we're close already, but I don't really want that with him. Especially as I'm at uni a good 2 hours away. Is it OK, or is it building up to going spectacularly wrong? Also, what does this make me?

Comments

• Options
    Well, I've done it before with my best mate. And we did end up getting together, although the relationship didn't last - the cheating cow. Now I've lost a girlfriend and a mate, and it's pretty shit, to say the least. If you say you really don't want a relationship with him, doesn't that tell you something?
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    If you say you really don't want a relationship with him, doesn't that tell you something?

Yea but I quite like the just messing around with him. He says he likes me a lot, but then he would in that situation! But neither of us have mentioned making anything official, so I guess it's not on his mind either. I suppose if it isn't leading to anywhere, it can't go much further, so will just fizzle out. But it doesn't seem to be harming our friendship at the moment.
  • Options
    Could it be that as you are such close friends you are getting the friendship closeness feeling mixed up with a sexual close feeling? I know this has happened to me before.

lucky you both feel the same way! that could be one awkward conversation!
  • Options
    Well, that's a beautiful thing, being so close to a mate of yours. I had something similar with a girl, but it was just cuddling and spooning in bed etc. No kisses (yes I did try, no I did not succeed).
    I think in the least cases it is really possible to remain how it is now. As long as nobody feels guilty or wanting more afterwards I guess you can carry on, but watch carefully if you can pick up on signs he's trying to give ya etc... you don't want to lead him on, I guess.

If it isn't awkward afterwards and everyone is happy: no troubles, I say :)