Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Heya Guys i knw i ent been on in a while but was wondering could you all help me!

Im really busy with college and work but really want to fit a exercise and healthy eating program in to my normal hecktic life style as i want to be a size 10 by the summer.

Whats the best way to lose weight quick but still do all the things i love?
Im willing to cut down and cut stuff altogther but need some help and pointers?

Please give all advice. (and is there any good excises that a be fun to do that i wont get bored with) or maybe theres a dvd i could buy!

:) Thanks guys i know youll all help me out!

Comments

• Options
    What size are you now?
  • Options
    I'm tied up with work at the moment, so forgive the short reply, but lately the board has had a lot of requests for help with this sort of thing, so if you do a search you should come up with fairly similar information. Have a look at the gymrats thread for inspiration on unusual exercises and read stuff like stumptuous.com
  • Options
    What size are you now?

Well im currently a 12 - 14 i want ta am for size 10 but would be nice ta be 8 - 10, ive got a simular figure to lily allen before she lost weight.
  • Options
    Right ive just been on a site and i gotta lose 2 stone to be 9stone and to do this i can only consume no more than 1,350 cals or 50g of fat per day. i want to do this in about 3 months. what else can i do to help i.e excises?
  • Options
    Right ive just been on a site and i gotta lose 2 stone to be 9stone and to do this i can only consume no more than 1,350 cals or 50g of fat per day. i want to do this in about 3 months. what else can i do to help i.e excises?

Bearing in mind the recommended calorie intake for a woman is around 2,000 calories, you might end up doing yourself harm and/or ending up with an eating disorder, plus once you start eating again the weight would just shoot back on

you are best cutting down a smaller amount on the calories, and cranking up the exercise, gets your metabolism up and burns things off quicker

you are aiming to lose over a kilogram a week, which is quite a bit

if im mistaken on this, someone correct me
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Bearing in mind the recommended calorie intake for a woman is around 2,000 calories, you might end up doing yourself harm and/or ending up with an eating disorder, plus once you start eating again the weight would just shoot back on

you are best cutting down a smaller amount on the calories, and cranking up the exercise, gets your metabolism up and burns things off quicker

you are aiming to lose over a kilogram a week, which is quite a bit

if im mistaken on this, someone correct me

Thanks for the advice. What sort of exercise is best coz i havent dont excise in bout a year & a half and part of the reason is coz ive lost so many people close to me in that time which has competely messed me up so i want to start 2008 with a positive.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. What sort of exercise is best coz i havent dont excise in bout a year & a half and part of the reason is coz ive lost so many people close to me in that time which has competely messed me up so i want to start 2008 with a positive.

Mixing your exercise up. and not just doing the same old thing day in day out will help
  • Options
    I remember reading from my gyms magazine that on a general scale (as everybody can very quite greatly) your resting metabolic something is your weight x11 in calories. So if you way 150, you should have 1650 calories a day to perform basic bodily functions. Anything less and your body will go into starvatio mode or whatever you want to call it. I'll try to find the link :)

Ah I lied. Weight x10. Heres the article :)

http://www.experiencelifemag.com/issues/october-2006/healthy-eating/weight-loss-rules-to-rethink.html?ht=

There is also an article on getting fit in a time crunch. http://www.experiencelifemag.com/issues/march-2006/fit-body/fit-in-a-flash.html
  • Options
    MrG wrote: »
    Mixing your exercise up. and not just doing the same old thing day in day out will help

Ok but what exercises are the best for girls to burn off fat and tone up the thighs, tum arms n bum hehe?