Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

another waxing thread...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok i have tried using the wax strips that are pre-waxed....no luck
i have also tried the roll on veet wax....it hurts like fuck to pull off but no hair, not even 1, comes off...i'm doing it exactly as it says on the leaflet

why doesnt it work!!! :(

Comments

• Options
    Maybe it isn't strong enough for the area you are using it? I can't use sugar wax on anything but eyebrows as it just doesn't hold well enough. I also tried the roll on once (veet I think too?) and that also didn't do anything! Maybe try using something that says extra strength or using a bikini wax for the other areas as that tends to be a bit more adhesive.
  • Options
    As rachie said, is the hair long enough? It needs to be a minimum of 3 or 4mm to wax successfully. Also the wax in the jar (the veet stuff or sugar wax) tends to be much better than than the strips. Or you could try to find some cold wax or if you can find it then fruit wax, which are supposed to be better.
  • Options
    I find the wax strips work on my legs and eyebrows (i cut them up) and the roll on is useless! its meant to be timesaving but i always have to spend tonnes of time applying alot of wax anyway
  • Options
    I have never got on with home waxing systems, why don't you go for a salon wax? If you are worried about the cost ask about tutorial evenings it's a lot cheaper and the students are strictly supervised.