Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mens clothes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend wants clothes for christmas.

As with his mates it has to a certain make. (not chavvy things)

I've basically got to find Henleys, Bench, Fly53 etc. Alot of it's in Bank but is really expensive so anyone know any shops that do these but at a cheaper price. Online would be ok too aslong as I can get them before xmas.

Cheers all I havent got a clue with lads clothes :shocking:

Comments

• Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I've basically got to find Henleys, Bench, Fly53 etc.

You've found chavvy! :D

If you haven't got much to spend then buying brands might not be the best idea. How about look in topman or somewhere for some unbranded but fashionable clothes.

Its hard to work out what type of clothes he would want without knowing his style. What type of things do he usually wear ??
  • Options
    Hehe, I was gonna say that. "Not chavvy" and then you go and mention the chavviest brands out there, short of Von Dutch and Burberry. :p

Check out M&M Direct. They have all the brands you mentioned at pretty cheap prices.
  • Options
    Check out M&M Direct.

:yes:

Thats just reminded me, how about H&M or Zara, both do cheap, fashionable and non chavvy clothes?
  • Options
    what about Joe Browns
    http://www.joebrowns.co.uk/
  • Options
  • Options
    only chavvy if the label is huge, if its discreet then its not chavvy unless its horizontaly striped !
  • Options
    M&M direct is a must!

tis where i get all my fella's stuff, great prices and quick delivery

last order date for crimbo delivery is the 19th

x
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    god are they really chav labels?
    :nervous:

Shows that I havent a bloody clue with mens clothes doesnt it.

Wouldnt wear any of those labels myself. I'm a high street girl. :yes:

Hmmm it just gets worse...

Don't worry about it. Just buy what you like. It's more about how you wear it anyway. Unless he's specifically asked for "non-chavvy stuff" in which case, avoid big logos and anything that makes it really obvious what brand it is. Which kinda rules Bench out, since I've never seen anything by them that doesn't have a logo on, usually a massive one too.

I recommend this. :D
  • Options
    Sort of o/t but in relation to that t-shirt Dom from Dick and Dom wore a t-shirt saying "morning wood" on their morning show and they got many complaints from people saying it's unsuitable for a kids show. Like kids are going to know what it means anyway. His surname is Wood and he was on in the morning that's probably what they thought it meant.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »
    Sort of o/t but in relation to that t-shirt Dom from Dick and Dom wore a t-shirt saying "morning wood" on their morning show and they got many complaints from people saying it's unsuitable for a kids show. Like kids are going to know what it means anyway. His surname is Wood and he was on in the morning that's probably what they thought it meant.

Yeah I can't see their targetted audience knowing what that means.
  • Options
    Not entirely sure if these are chain stores but westworld and ark are probably your best bet for the labels listed and both normally have some sort of sale sections for cheaper stuff.
  • Options
    Yeaaah if he specifically asked for non-chavvy clothes, avoid those labels like the plague. If he said non-chavvy clothes but he wears that kind of stuff, ignore the contradiction and buy more :razz:

EDIT: No idea where sells that stuff on the highstreet, but www.asos.com have Henley iirc. Also I *think* Cult has a load of Bench stuff.
  • Options
    Try online website: http://www.stand-out.net

They do all those brands and many more.
  • Options
    maildodge wrote: »
    Try online website: http://www.stand-out.net

They do all those brands and many more.

no matter how good the site, i have trouble believeing that they would STILL deliver on time for christmas ;)
  • Options
    lol. I thought you was planning for next year.

Sorry, I may have posted that a bit too late for the original poster.