Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

loud music ear problem

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey all
was at a very loud concert last night and left with ringing in my ears and half deaf (not surprising, has happened before when i have been to concerts)...... but altho the right ear has gone back to normal, the left one wont stop ringing! its giving me the headache from hell, making me feel naseous as well as making it hard for me to hear :(
i'm guessing (hoping) it will go away sometime soon but does anyone have any good remedies in the meantime? its horrible the way it is now, making me feel really bad. i've taken painkillers and am not listening to anything remotely loud and intend to get an early night's sleep

any other suggestions appreciated! :)

Comments

• Options
    Yep. If you're going to be doing this often, consider investing in a good pair of earplugs. Remember, you only get one set of ears. Whilst you wanna enjoy yourself, you don't wanna end up deaf.
  • Options
    intrepide wrote: »
    hey all
    was at a very loud concert last night and left with ringing in my ears and half deaf (not surprising, has happened before when i have been to concerts)...... but altho the right ear has gone back to normal, the left one wont stop ringing! its giving me the headache from hell, making me feel naseous as well as making it hard for me to hear :(
    i'm guessing (hoping) it will go away sometime soon but does anyone have any good remedies in the meantime? its horrible the way it is now, making me feel really bad. i've taken painkillers and am not listening to anything remotely loud and intend to get an early night's sleep

any other suggestions appreciated! :)

I had that ringing after a goodgreef night at sanks in manchester. Boom, boom all night.

It goes with time.

If you've ever watched the film 'children of men', apparently, that ringing in your ears is a swan song, for the frequencies your ear will never hear again.

I wouldn't worry about it though.
  • Options
    MancDan wrote: »
    I had that ringing after a goodgreef night at sanks in manchester. Boom, boom all night.

It goes with time.

If you've ever watched the film 'children of men', apparently, that ringing in your ears is a swan song, for the frequencies your ear will never hear again.

I wouldn't worry about it though.
    ^ Bad advice.

Of course he should worry about it. Hearing damage is permanent.
    Invest in a good pair of earplugs and next time you're at a gig, if you think the music is too loud then just stick them in.
  • Options
    Competitor-Red%5B1%5D.jpg