Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cerazette

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi

after being on the combined pill for 3 months (femodette) and experiencing a total lack of sex drive, my doctor has put me on the progesterone only mini pill called cerazette (has 12 hour window).

has anyone ever tried this? what are your experiences?

one of the side effects mentioned for this pill is loss of libido, which i thought was odd that he chose to put me on it, or do the mini pills have a comparatively low risk of the side effects than combined pills?

thanks!

Comments

• Options
    I took cerazzete for three months after coming off the combined pill after two and a half years. Cerazete was okay, made my skin and hair a lot more greasier and I had awful, awful headaches (which used to affect my eyesight at times and made my want to cry non-stop on the bad days) which I why I came off it. My sex drive had all but disappered on the combined pill but it did come back a bit on cerazette. I think a loss of libido is a pretty common side effect of most hormonal contraceptives.

I had the implant inserted about a month ago (same hormones as cerazette, slighlty lower dose, I think) and the side affects are pretty much the same as . I still have headaches but I can cope with them better then the ones I had on cerazette.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I am on cerazette and I love it. My periods are the lightest things in the world, I am not as hormonal and I have had absolutely no 'bad' side effects.

But everyone is different :)
  • Options
    thanks for the replies... to anyone who did get any side effects, how long from when you started on cerazette did you start getting side effects?
    thanks
  • Options
    I took cerazzete for three months after coming off the combined pill after two and a half years. Cerazete was okay, made my skin and hair a lot more greasier and I had awful, awful headaches (which used to affect my eyesight at times and made my want to cry non-stop on the bad days) which I why I came off it. My sex drive had all but disappered on the combined pill but it did come back a bit on cerazette. I think a loss of libido is a pretty common side effect of most hormonal contraceptives.

I had exactly the same experience with Cerazette.

It was within about the first 3 months that I found the side effects kicking in. Had a coil fitted after that (the one with hormones) and have had only very light periods and more often than not just spotting.
  • Options
    My side effects really started kicking about a month after I started taking it. Started after a month with the implant, but I'm more determined to wait for my hormones to settle down now.