Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ice cream maker

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This might sound silly but do you have to buy ice cream, and add ingredients e.g. choc power or do you make the ice cream from scratch?!:confused: when you use them ice cream maker machines.

Comments

• Options
    youd make it from scratch with cream and whatever else you wanted to add as flavourings.
  • Options
    Thankyou! I did think you'd make it from scratch but I was getting confused! They look really good but I dont know if we'd use one, I suppose it'll be good in summer!:chin:
  • Options
    There's not many ingredients in ice cream - it is just literally iced cream.

My mam makes it with strawberries, cream and fromage frais :yum:

Another one is cream, custard and coffee :yum:

The good thing about ice cream makers is you can watch what you put in them and make yummy ice creams with a small proportion of the calories of shop bought. Sorbets are yummy, and frozen yoghurt.
  • Options
    kangoo wrote: »
    There's not many ingredients in ice cream - it is just literally iced cream.

My mam makes it with strawberries, cream and fromage frais :yum:

Another one is cream, custard and coffee :yum:

The good thing about ice cream makers is you can watch what you put in them and make yummy ice creams with a small proportion of the calories of shop bought. Sorbets are yummy, and frozen yoghurt.

Can I come to your house??
  • Options
    Can I come to your house??

Unfortunatly ice cream making bonanzas only occur in my mothers house. In my house all you're likely to find is a tub of neapolitan with only the vanilla left