Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

boob question

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
have just been watching Dr Chris on this morning talking about breast cancer.

Have never been good at remembering to check my breasts but have got better recently and got one of those glove things to help me.

Problem is my boobs are quite heavy and saggy and when i lift them upwards to check them i definately get like puckering and dimpling on the underside and he was talking about puckering and dimpling this morning.

I have been trying to find something on the net like pictures to compare mine to but i'm not very internet savvy and can't find any and i don't want to waste the doctors time til i'm sure it is something worth worrying about, coz could just be the way my boobs are you know?

has anyone got any links that could help me out? i have tried loads but no pics.

Comments

• Options
    are you sure its not just crinkling around stretchmarks?
  • Options
    i'm not sure. i know what you mean coz i do have that at the tops of my boobs on the front but what is going on underneath is more like cellulitey.
  • Options
    I'd say something like this is never a waste of a doctors time... They've seen it all before and can tell you better than the internet if there is anything to worry about or not; will put your mind at ease too. :)
  • Options
    Lu_C wrote: »
    I'd say something like this is never a waste of a doctors time... They've seen it all before and can tell you better than the internet if there is anything to worry about or not; will put your mind at ease too. :)
    :yes: Exactly.

I'm sure you would rather you went to the doctor and they told you it was nothing rather than not going, being unlucky enough to have cancer, and it progressing to the point where they might not be able to do anything.
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hi Pink_sparklie_pants,

Like Lu C and Franki have both said, nothing is too trivial to visit the doctor about. It’s always a good idea to go and have a chat with them if you ever have any medical concerns.

Nine out of ten lumps women detect turn out to be non-cancerous, but if detected early on there is a good chance the cancer can be treated successfully, so it’s important to go and speak to your doctor if you ever come across something.

If you would like to speak to someone before you go and visit your doctor you can call the Breast Cancer Care Helpine on 0808 8006000. Also check out our articles on Breast cancer awareness and Monitoring breasts.

A few other sites you might want to have a look at are Breast cancers self examining guide and break the chains article on breast cancer (which has links to pictures).

Hope this helps :thumb:
  • Options
    thanks for the replies everyone, just to say i was intending to check with a doctor anyway, was just hoping that someone found a similar thing with theirs and could reassure me or that someone could direct me to some pics i could compare with.

does anyone else have this?
  • Options
    it is perfectly possible to get cellulite on the breasts if thats an area where you naturally store a lot of fat