Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Vaccines - side effects

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Had Hep B and Typhoid jabs on Monday ready for a trip to Asia in January but feel so worn down know and sneezing all the time - Anyone know which jab is more likely to make you feel tired and run down? I'm hoping it's not the Hep B cos I gotta have a 2nd jab in 4 weeks time.

Comments

• Options
    I had no side effects when I had my Hep B vaccines done, but it was a long time ago and probably an individual thing.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    Had Hep B and Typhoid jabs on Monday ready for a trip to Asia in January but feel so worn down know and sneezing all the time - Anyone know which jab is more likely to make you feel tired and run down? I'm hoping it's not the Hep B cos I gotta have a 2nd jab in 4 weeks time.

It could just be coinsidence and you're fighting off a cold? There's a lot of it going round at the moment. You'll probably be feeling better soon. :)
  • Options
    I have had hep b cos i work within healthcare, and i was fine with all 3 of the jabs. I have also had typhoid for a trip abroad and i have to say it is the worst vaccine i have ever had. I felt rough for a couple of days afterwards, and when my mum had it her arm went really numb for about 24 hours. But everyones response to vaccinations is different. You could be feeling rough because of them, or you may conincidentally have a cold (or some other viral type thing) at the same thing :yes:
  • Options
    I've had a couple of Typhoid jabs, one time it made my arm hurt (a lot), the other time it was fine.

Hep B didn't give me any side effects.
  • Options
    i got typhoid from my typhoid vaccination once - it was great
  • Options
    Typhoid made me feel a bit rough for a couple of days.

Have to say the sneezing thing sounds more like the cold type thing that's going around at the moment.
  • Options
    It could just be that I was starting to get cold like symptoms and the fact I now had to fight off the vaccines for two other conditions is giving me less resources to fight off a cold.

I only hope it's the typhoid jab which is the worst cos my next Hep B shot is very close to when I fly.