Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bra sizing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
just in need of a bit of a rant/some advice
i have always wore size34DD, except from la senza, where im usually 34E.
so today i bought went to marks and spencers to get measured to check im still that size. she said i was inbetween 32 and 34, but when i tried on a 32 it was two tight, so decided to stick with the 34DD. i bought 2 bras in this size, but when i get home to try on, one doesnt feel tight enough at all round the band, the other feels ok on the tighest setting, but rides up slightly. Should i change the second one as well as the first? it feels snug enough, but is just riding up, and i heard thats a sign of a two big band! but im worried a 32 will be too tight
why is it so difficult to buy a good fitting bra!! i dont think ive ever had one that fits really well!

Comments

• Options
    Because bras are for women and nothing a woman buys can just be easy :mad: When I buy bras, even if they are the same brand, I try one every single one. Sometimes its the only way to make sure they fit. I'd suggest if you go back to return them, try on both the ones you would want to exchange and choose the better fitting one, rather than just going for the size.
    ALso, if there is a bra you really like and it fits in the cups and everywhere nicely but it seems a bit tight around the back, you can buy bra extenders. http://www.lasenza.co.uk/level3.asp?style=207&s=1&category=7&se=Bra+Extenders for example, at probably any craft/fabric store and most intimate stores.
  • Options
    I've found a lot of variation, both between different brands and different styles within those brands. If one of them fits well, keep that one as is, only change the one that doesn't.
  • Options
    Ive found it changes alot, especially with elle macpherson bras, theyre so tight in my normal size! i dont really trust sizing, if i were you i would return them both
  • Options
    I buy the same size bra in different stores and find that they can vary massively. Primark bras tend to be on the smaller side whereas if you go to places like Marks they're huge :\