Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you need an actual printout for ryan air?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ryan Air now charge you extra if you don't check in online - what I was wondering is say you go on holiday and have Internet access you can check in online - but if you don't have an actual printer can you just write down by hand the confirmation number that comes up on screen?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I think, judging by the people that had checked in online when I went back home (Easyjet), they give you a number that they check on the system.

All those people had printouts though, so I don't know.
  • Options
    you dont even need that in my experience, ive forgotton the confirmation before and they can just check you in using your passports. obviously you are better off having the confirmation but its not necessary. done the same with other airlines as well.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote: »
    you dont even need that in my experience, ive forgotton the confirmation before and they can just check you in using your passports. obviously you are better off having the confirmation but its not necessary. done the same with other airlines as well.

really? I'm sure I read somewhere if you turn up with nothing they send you back to the checkin desk and charge you on top?
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    really? I'm sure I read somewhere if you turn up with nothing they send you back to the checkin desk and charge you on top?

well knowing Ryanair, they would probably do that.
    Anything to add an extra charge on top.
  • Options
    My frien flew recently and didn't print the confirmation e-mail (only the boarding pass) and was made to BUY A NEW TICKET!!! I don't know which airline it was with though.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    is this when you're buying your ticket and checking in at the airport? when I've flown with bmi baby in the past I've just taken my locator number - not sure about ryanair though

If you're checking in online though you WILL need to print off your boarding card at home

According to RyanAir and most airlines you can only check in online 2 days (48 hours) to 4 hours before the flight.

Of course when you fly you can print your confirmation email, etc at home but once you're in a new city you don't have your printer with you.

I mainly stay in hostels when abroad and most have free internet access so you can do the confirmation there BUT I've never seen a hostel that offered a printer. I have a laptop, PDA and even a PSP that all can access the internet wirelessly and it's not hard to pickup a signal these days and register online BUT again no printer with me. And you can't always find an internet cafe that has a printer.
  • Options
    The answer is no you don't need to print anything off but you DO need to write down the confirmation number that comes with your booking and have that to hand. So you could write it on a piece of paper or print it.
  • Options
    If you check in online you need to print off your boarding pass - because the boarding pass has a bar code on it which is unique to you - its scanned in when you go through security so that the airline knows you have turned up at the airport. You won't be let through security if you don't have it.

If your paying the extra to check in then you only need your confirmation number and your passport.

If your abroad i'm sure most internet cafe's and hostels will have the facility to print out your boarding pass though weather its cheaper than checking in in person is debatable.
  • Options
    Yes, I am well aware of that - I was trying to clarify the question. I can walk past the ryanair desk if you want me to and ask, but I need to know what I'm asking about

If this report is correct in a few years there won't be anyone to ask

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryanair-to-cut-airport-costs-with-checkin-kiosks-scheme-1212721.html
  • Options
    Wyetry wrote: »
    If you check in online you need to print off your boarding pass - because the boarding pass has a bar code on it which is unique to you - its scanned in when you go through security so that the airline knows you have turned up at the airport. You won't be let through security if you don't have it.

If your paying the extra to check in then you only need your confirmation number and your passport.

If your abroad i'm sure most internet cafe's and hostels will have the facility to print out your boarding pass though weather its cheaper than checking in in person is debatable.

I've never done the webcheckin thing before - but I guess if there is a bar code there's no way around it - you have to have it on a printed piece of paper

looks like prices will be doubled soonf or those that don't

http://news.flightmapping.com/07/11/07/ryanair-to-increase-charges_1562.html
  • Options
    You would have to be awkward wouldn't you :p

You just wait one day they'll replace the hosties with those robots you get at Yo Sushi :thumb:

yosushi_1.jpg
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    You just wait one day they'll replace the hosties with those robots you get at Yo Sushi :thumb:

Come on, we need a bit of eye candy on the flight. :p
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Come on, we need a bit of eye candy on the flight. :p

There you go

istockphoto_1958503_christmas_robot_waving_close_cropped_with_clipping_path.jpg
  • Options
    Anyway came back from Ireland and used the WebCheck in both ways - surprisingly MOST people didn't use it on the plane ... so they had to go in the slow lane .. :)

It was good I got a decent seat for a change ...

BUT you most defo need a printout cos you have to show it to various people in the airport some of whom have a barcode scanning machine.

But I only went for two days so way able to print out both boarding cards from home - god knows where I'd have found a printer away from home.

Weren't that many Internet cafes