Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clinique

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
After a recommendation from a friend I went to the Clinique counter and had a personal consultation and ended up spending a small fortune ontheir 3 step regime and some foundation. The foundation is, I must admit, beautiful. My boyfriend said he couldn't tell I didn't have it on but my rosy cheeks and scar under my nose were invisible. This is exactly what I wanted to achieve!

Anyway, my question is, does anyone else use Clinique? Does it work for you?

Comments

• Options
    I have a body scrub and moisturiser which is absolutely lovely and smells delicious, I don't use the 3 step programme for my face anymore as I found my skin was a bit sensitive to it.
  • Options
    My tutor absolutely loathes Clinique - she says she can tell if someone uses clinique, just by looking at their skin. Apparently it's full of chemicals and is extremely drying.

I certainly wouldn't use them after hearing a makeup artist say that :s
  • Options
    Everything is full of chemicals though. I think all makeup's bad for your skin, I can't see how it would be good tbh.
  • Options
    I used it for a while last year, I kept it up for ages as they say it's "bringing the impurities out" from under the skin but it just went from bad to worse so I stopped using it. It was verying drying and didn't settle well on my skin.

I do have a few bits of clinique in my make up bag but I generally stay well clear of the skin care products.
  • Options
    Hmm, I guess it's the same with all brands though. I normally use No7 products and love them, but a couple of my friends can't use them as they break out in spots.
  • Options
    I got a few freebie samples a while ago and tried them, but they didn't get on with my skin, made my cheeks all dry and itchy.

I've taken a step away from expensive face products, use stuff like nivea and supermarket own brands now and my skin has never been happier.
  • Options
    I've always loved the foundations, my mate works on the Clinque counter in our local Boots and was always throwing samples at me. The rest of the make ups pretty nice too.

I've never used the skincare stuff, but I know my aunties do and they seem to love it.
  • Options
    Yeah i use the triple action moisturiser and its fab.
  • Options
    i used their stuff for a while, it kept breakouts to a minimum but that was about it. I also found it made my cheeks dry and sensitive.
  • Options
    I am a massive fan of dramatically different moisturising lotion but not much else - i practically bathe in the stuff. However i think my skin goes through phases - cos for years i used lancome then went off it and defected to clinique and now i'm back on lancome
  • Options
    the mens clinique moisturisor is so so, it can be a bit greasy tho and takes ages for the sheen to go off my face so only need a tiny bit. and for some reason i have about 7 massive tubes of it in my bathroom
  • Options
    I've used several weeks supply of the free samples but I think it's overpriced. I think simple things are the best for the skin.
  • Options
    I am also a massive fan of clinique. The 3 step was a bit much for me as it gave me spots rather than cleared them! I use the foundation and it looks best when applied with a foundation brush. Not keen on their concealer or mascara.