Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Broken foundation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There probably is no answer, but it doesn't hurt to ask, right ;)

Once a powder makeup breaks and shatters and crumbles into a sad mess, is there anyway to get it back together again?

Comments

• Options
    Super glue :thumb:
  • Options
    knowing me id still use it but maybe break it into smaller pieces..i guess people use the roller ball type powder so maybe its similar
  • Options
    Yeah I'd definitely still use it, don't think there's any way of reconstructing it though unless it was maybe one of those 'add water' type ones that used to be around. Where water made it into a foundation rather than a powder, if that makes sense.

Anyway, as was said, I'd probably crush it up into a complete powder and then use it with a powder brush/powder puff :D
  • Options
    I don't think you can but you can break it down more and use it as a loose powder in the mornings or on a night out. Loose powder looks more delicate and discrete compaired to compact. Buy another compact to touch up during the day. Just a tip, i recently started using maxfactor facefinity compact and it is AMAZING!!
  • Options
    you can put it back together with rubbing alcohol :)
  • Options
    :hyper: How! I'll love you forever!

And not to miss out on the others, thanks for the ideas too :D
  • Options
    i've never done it myself but if it's in big chunks you should be able to piece it together and almost glue it together with the alcohol. If it is in small pieces then crush it mix it with some alcohol and then press it back into the container. You should ask on one of the LJ MAC communities, they can tell you exactly how much to use etc. :)