Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Support the Banning of Dihydrogen Monoxide

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    DG wrote: »

good lord, what next? water?
  • Options
    I once managed to convince my entire family to ban DHMO from our house, citing the terrible qualities - I then went round and pointed out everything we needed to remove, and they started to realise I was taking the piss...
  • Options
  • Options
    I once managed to convince my entire family to ban DHMO from our house, citing the terrible qualities - I then went round and pointed out everything we needed to remove, and they started to realise I was taking the piss...

and yes, you would have had to too...
  • Options
    As much as I think Penn and Teller are narcissistic cunts...

But wtf?

Why would you sign a petition without knowing what it is?
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Why would you sign a petition without knowing what it is?

Because people will believe what they're told - after all, you "wouldn't be allowed" to twist the truth when writing a petition, would you?

After all, people support ID cards because they'll stop terrorism, ID theft and immigration.
  • Options
    BTW did anyone see the video about PETA?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

Is it true they put Animals to sleep?
  • Options
    Big Gay wrote: »
    Because people will believe what they're told - after all, you "wouldn't be allowed" to twist the truth when writing a petition, would you?

After all, people support ID cards because they'll stop terrorism, ID theft and immigration.

Tbh, I think you're right. Also, they probably wouldn't have filmed anybody who told them to fuck off.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    BTW did anyone see the video about PETA?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9ijLulwUTY

Is it true they put Animals to sleep?
    Don't have time to watch this, but yes they do. They get given so many animals I guess they have to, though they do so in the most painless way possible. Most pet shelters in the states (I'm unsure about the UK, but I'm sure they must do) do this because not all animals will find homes.

It's not realistic to run an animal shelter and to never euthanise animals.

My criticisms of PETA (as somebody who is against animal cruelty) is some of their campaigns dumb down the animal rights movement and I think that more progress would be done without them. Most people in the animal rights movement, or at least those I have met have been intelligent and peaceful people.