Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Raceing mind

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anybody else's mind just race? I've always been a wanderer but who isn't! But lately it's getting on my nerves. I've always got 37 different thoughts and conversations going on in my head. It's making school kind of difficult. I go in, 3 hours later I walk out and couldn't even tell you what class I was in :p The worst is at night. I used to be the best sleeper. I could lay my head down on a brick and I'd be out in a minute. But now my mind just keeps going and going and going and going. I've tried a bunch of things. Rescue Remedy before class. Lavender baths before bed and some lavender oil on the temples, camomile, bedtime tea, reading a very boring book (reading is hard too) I've even tried xanex and sleeping pills once. (Not together of course) Neither helped in the slightest and one gave me weird dreams while the other just made me exausted the next day. Lately it even takes a minute to write on here because I can't keep my mind on what I'm writing. I really am trying to block things out and concentrate on the hand at task, but I need some help! Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Is there anything in particular worrying you? Boyfriends? School? Family or friend relationships? etc

Are you agitated about life? Do you have feelings of death or impending doom? Do you find that you are panicking about everything but yet nothing at all? Do you feel that you are sometimes on a roller-coaster where your heart seems to palpitate and then it drifts back to normal?

Are you taking any drugs at all (legal and illegal)?

Are you getting exercise?
  • Options
    (Not together of course)

why not :D

my heads always racing its a pain in the arse .. especially at night time, i can spend hours and hours lying in bed wide awake thinking about the biggest loada shite

although i havent read a book in ages it did work for me years ago, other than that all the wee 'tricks' seemed to do fuck all for me
  • Options
    Yep. My brain raciing with all sorts all the time. It does get quite annoying after a while. Makes it v difficult just to sit and relax