Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

advice needed please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
basically one of my best friends is anorexic... all her teachers know and her parents also know... i think even her GP knows... but noone is doing anything! she hasnt eaten anything solid for weeks... what should i do?

Comments

• Options
    theres nothing much you can do. all the right people seem to know-im sure something will be done soon.
  • Options
    Unfortunately there's not a lot you can do.

It may be worth reiterating your concerns to your teachers, and pointing out that she's not eaten anything solid for weeks.

Sadly with annorexics unless they co operate with any support they are offered there's not a lot anyone can do until they become a danger to themselves.

It must be very hard for you to watch what your friend is doing to herself, I know, I've been there. Make sure you take care of yourself, and find someone to talk to if you want. Be it other friends, a teacher or someone at school, your parents or someone on a phoneline. I chatted to the peope at Beat a few times (used to be the eating disorders association). Lovely people.

xx
  • Options
    what should i do?

nothing.
    as hard as it might be, you can not help anyone who doesn't want to be helped.