Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

dancer in the dark!! (fao jim kinda)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
oh my godddddd wow!!

ok at first i thought..bjork stop being so darn quirky but wowww gosh..okay..i was BAWLING is all i have to say.

soo buying this for my cousin for crimbo :) thanks for reminding me to watch this!!

has anyone else seen it?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Certainly have. Probably the best drama ever. Just annoying that all those songs are in the middle to ruin it. ;) Nah seriously, I loved it, and I love Lars von Trier generally. He has a habit of creating amazing female characters and then shitting on them from a great height for the entire film. Probably why no female actress ever works with him more than once. You have to watch Breaking The Waves now too because it's even better imo.
  • Options
    yeah i heard that bjork is insistant that she will never do a film again..which is a shame because she was brilliant in this!

oo thanks for the reccomendation, will look out for it :)
  • Options
    Bjork won best actress at Cannes, then vowed never to act again. Thom Yorke wrote the song on the train too. I swear, everyone I love worked on this film.
  • Options
    I loved that song but I think my favourite was the very last one. Oh and the one with Gene singing :)
  • Options
    Nah best drama ever is Imitation of Life, so nerr to you stupid. Well best melodrama anyway, which this certainly is :)

Glad you enjoyed it Rach, it's a great, great film and I think it had be bawling too be the end :)