Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

4D Scans

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anyone had one?? I'm thinking about having one, I'm nearly 34 weeks, so only a couple more weeks and I'll see my baby for real, its just I think it will be lovely to see her now!!:heart:

Its only £55, so not as expensive as I thought.

I know it sounds daft but I just think I might be dissapointed when I give bith to her, cos I've already seen her?! It'll be like ohhh, here she is. If I dont have the scan I have never seen her before I give birth so when we see her for the first time it'll be more special?!

If you did have one, was seeing the baby for the 1st time after birth special????! I dont want the scan if meeting her for the 1st time isint as special.

I sound a right plonker! and it prob doesnt make sense!
:blush:

Comments

• Options
    awww, I had a 4D scan with Félix and I really loved it. i was only 24 weeks pregnant at the time so had a lot longer to wait than you to see him for real, but it was still super special to see him when he was born. I cant imagine that makes much difference.
    If i was 34 weeks id probably just wait, but then again, £55 is a very good price. You say only a couple more weeks to go - Are you expecting to have her premature for any reason?
  • Options
    I saw those pics SCC, very nice.
  • Options
    When I said a couple of weeks I ment a few! I've just rang up the place, and they only can fit me in tomoz, and I've got antinatal! So looks like I wont be having it anyway!!!:( They dont do them after 34 weeks!:confused:

• Options
    :( Can't do both??
  • Options
    actually, that made me think when you said not after 34 weeks. I had a scan at 35 weeks with my 1st (only a normal 2D one) because he was about to come prematurely and they wanted to check how big he was.
    You could actually see very little compared to the 20week scan for instance, because baby is so big and scrunched up that you can only get views of certain bits at a time. Not easy to see and you might find it disappointing.