Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ball/Prom dresses

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone know where I'd get one cheap? There's some really nice ones in monsoon right now (pics attached of my two faves), but my budget's roughly £60-90 and the one I really like is £160! Is it worth waiting til after Xmas, when the prices will come back down? My prom's in February..

Comments

• Options
    Yeah deffinatly. There will be so many nice but highly reduced dresses in the sales.
    I'd also start scouring eBay
  • Options
    I think this Tesco dress is lovely - and only £32 to boot!

http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=301-3326
  • Options
    Yeah those dresses you like are lovely... especially the purpely one. But I'm sure there are gunna be loads of lovely dresses in the January sales so I'd hold on for a better price.

But keep looking before that cos you never know when you'll come across a bargin.

And is it just me, or is that Tesco dress too big for the model?
  • Options
    I dunno if you have a Quiz store near you, but check out the website. I recently got a ball dress from there for £40 and they always have loads to choose from!
  • Options
    Simmyluvsu wrote: »
    I dunno if you have a Quiz store near you, but check out the website. I recently got a ball dress from there for £40 and they always have loads to choose from!

Yeah, there's a quiz not too far. They've got lovely dresses, I never thought of them, thanks!
  • Options
    Simmyluvsu wrote: »

Never heard of it before, but I do like the dresses I looked at on their website, cheap too!
  • Options
    TK Maxx. It's hit and miss but if it's a hit it can be a 30 quid one ;)

Otherwise wait for the sales. They'll be reduced, for sure!
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    TK Maxx. It's hit and miss but if it's a hit it can be a 30 quid one ;)

Lol Oh god, I hate TK Maxx! It's just heaps of random clothes everywhere, most of them tacky as fuck, it drives me mad looking round that shop!!
    I remember finding some horrible plastic blue high healed shoes with glitter and sequins stuck all over them with blobs of glue. Who the fuck buys that sort of shit??
  • Options
    Could you hire one? I hired mine and it was beautiful.

Not sure what the policy on posting pics on here, so won't post a pic :)
  • Options
    Curvy_lass wrote: »
    Not sure what the policy on posting pics on here, so won't post a pic :)
    Pictures can be posted on threads as long as they're not ridicilously large. Alternatively, just publish the link to the picture.
  • Options
    I have a lovely dress which was £30 from Bay.
  • Options
    If you can get yourself to debenhams in the next two days they've got a 25% off sale on so might be able to pick up a dress for a good price.
  • Options
    Some charity shops have "ball gown events" in the run-up to Christmas where they have lots of ball gowns out. I use to volunteer for Oxfam and ball gowns are often donated after only being worn once or twice (or not at all!) and often they were a bargain.
  • Options
    I got a beautiful dress for my Graduation ball in the sales at Debenhams-they have a wedding section with lots of bridesmaid dresses and the like so you could try there.