Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Stamp text messaging!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As part of a uni project I've decided to use the idea of putting witty text messages onto traditional Royal Mail stamps in a bid to attract an interest in stamp-collecting for the teenage audience. However, I'm struggling as to what type of sayings can go on these text/stamps. I want them to be fun and creative but not too risque considering it's the Royal Mail and all. This seems the ideal opportunity to ask anyone if they have any ideas which I'd greatly appreciate :-)

Comments

• Options
    How about "god fucked the queen" or "the postie nicked your birthday money"?
  • Options
    Lick me
    Stick me
    Peel me
    Keep me
  • Options
    Ha, that's amazing! Keep em coming!
  • Options
    Is it not illegal to deface a stamp, what with it having the queen on it and everything?
  • Options
    Well, the brief is affiliated with the Royal Mail so I think it's completely acceptable. I'm looking into new areas now - such as retro 90s stuff that our generation grew up with (such as the Power Rangers, Spice Girls, pogs, yo-yos, etc.). If anyone has any suggestions as to what else they think may appeal I would really appreciate it!
  • Options
    Pogs.

Everyone was mad about collecting those at one point.

As for the defacing thing, there are already loads of stamps around with designs as well as the queens head on them. Christmas stamps being the prime example.
  • Options
    As for the defacing thing, there are already loads of stamps around with designs as well as the queens head on them. Christmas stamps being the prime example.

They still have the queens head somewhere on the stamp though, all the special comissioned ones do.
  • Options
    they get defaced by the rubber stamp thing that goes on them once they've been posted anyway don't they?
  • Options
    They still have the queens head somewhere on the stamp though, all the special comissioned ones do.

Yup, I know.

Hence the Queens head as well bit in my post.
  • Options
    all ur prcels r blong2us