Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

The future of games and the internet...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
We're putting together a response to the Byron Review as YouthNet - which I'll let you all know about when we've finished it. However, it'd also be good to have your views on the issues discussed in the review.

For those of you who don't know the Byron Review is an independant review of the the risks to children from potentially harmful or inappropriate material on the internet. Potentially it could have wide-reaching implications for the internet and gaming.

You can see full details at http:www.dcsf.gov.uk/byronreview

So if people want to help out, we'd like to ask your views on the questions they are asking and collate your responses. You can of course reply on your own as well through the link above.

Anyway - there are two different sections to the report - video games and the internet. What I've done is create three different threads, one for each section. If you'd like to get involved just head over to any or all of them and post your views on the different questions.

Sorry if this seems complicated, but the structure of the feedback makes this about the easiest way to get your views.

You can find the threads at the following locations -

Video Gaming
The Internet

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'll fill this out when i get home tonight.

i think one issue that i think needs to be looked at is the age ratings they give to games, parents seem to not fully understand that these ratings are exactly the same as you would find going to the cinema or buying a dvd etc..

but you wont see parents buying them texas chainsaw massacre on dvd but you'll find them splurging hundreds of pounds on getting little billy the latest GTA game.