Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Windows server 2003 backup and ghosting advice

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi

Another one about windows server 2003. Has anyone experience in back ups and/or ghosting? At the moment I am overseeing this and trying to super flexible file synchroniser which backs up to a different server. Although it is decent for backing up it is a pain getting all the database file backups into the ISS folder and then backing up.

Does anyone know of some good freeware or can they show me to a website about back ups and/or ghosting. I haven't really done this before- but I find it is just knowing how to do it. I just want a solid guide. There are spare servers I can set up a direct link to - to ghost the current one (saving setup problems if it goes down)- but again its knowing how to set this up- I havent done this before...

Any help would be brill!!

Steve

Comments

• Options
    I ain't really sure what your question is but I've used Windows 2003 server and made a backup copy of the entire partition using this program

http://eu.acronis.com/enterprise/products/ATIES/

And also restored from it - this is waaaaay better then my experience of using Norton Ghost and their partition software is so much better as well
  • Options
    Yeah Acronis is the shizzle.

Or you can always backup to Tape Drives - Those are popular in a school enviorment i think.
  • Options
    Thank you
  • Options
    Just restored a laptop using a backup I made earlier - took 3 minutes to restore.