Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Clothes Show Live

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Has anybody ever been to the clothes show live at Birmingham NEC?

Just booked tickets for me and my best friend to go and I'm well excited! I know a few people who've been and it basically sounds like heaven for us, clothes, beauty, and lots of it! Apparently you get lots of goodie bags too. I'm planning on taking lots of money :D

Comments

• Options
    I haven't booked my tickets yet - can't bring myself to spend £37 on a VIP ticket lol. Will do though.

Haven't been before, so it should be quite exciting.
  • Options
    What day are you going to go on? I couldnt decide which was best, decided just to pick Friday which is the first day because its the only one i could get off work. im SO excited though!

Why are you getting a VIP ticket? I just got regular ones, £25. it didnt really seem worth the extra for the VIP, all you get is a goody bag (which im thinking we're gonna get loads of anyway) and better seats for the fashion show i think.
  • Options
    Ooo the Clothes Show :hyper:

I've been twice and it's great! You do get lots of freebies but you should def bring lots of money with you as they sell loads of lovely things! Tip is to bring more cash than you think you'll need as the queues for cash machines can get crazy :no:
  • Options
    I was supposed to go with my high school years ago but we ended up not going as too many people pulled out. I'd love to go.
  • Options
    I've been twice.

The actual fashion show is AMAZING but the shopping... hmm well alot of it is cheap, market quality items with inflated prices.
    Theres usually a couple of stores like FCUK, Bench etc but nothing spectacular. What they sell is mainly last season too.

The food is a rip off. Think about £4 for a cheap burger...

The freebies are ok, its maily mini deodrants, sachets of shampoo etc, moisturiser, nothing that fantastic.

I've heard its best to go on the last day because everything is knocked down prices.

Wear comfy but stylish clothes, plenty of model scouts...:yes:

I'm debating going again this year though just for the catwalk show because that is fucking mint :thumb:
  • Options
    I wanna goooo!!!!

They should do one day only at Manchester!
  • Options
    kate- wrote: »
    I've been twice.

The actual fashion show is AMAZING but the shopping... hmm well alot of it is cheap, market quality items with inflated prices.
    Theres usually a couple of stores like FCUK, Bench etc but nothing spectacular. What they sell is mainly last season too.

The food is a rip off. Think about £4 for a cheap burger...

The freebies are ok, its maily mini deodrants, sachets of shampoo etc, moisturiser, nothing that fantastic.

I've heard its best to go on the last day because everything is knocked down prices.

Wear comfy but stylish clothes, plenty of model scouts...:yes:

I'm debating going again this year though just for the catwalk show because that is fucking mint :thumb:

ohhh im disappointed with what you said about the clothes, market clothes?! :| im not gonna let it get me down though hehe i know a girl who went and she said it wasnt that bad so i guess i'll just have to see on the day!

lol i dont need to worry about model scouts i dont think :D but yeah me and my friend have been planning what we're gonna wear already hehe. i cant wait to see the catwalk show!
  • Options
    What day are you going to go on? I couldnt decide which was best, decided just to pick Friday which is the first day because its the only one i could get off work. im SO excited though!

Why are you getting a VIP ticket? I just got regular ones, £25. it didnt really seem worth the extra for the VIP, all you get is a goody bag (which im thinking we're gonna get loads of anyway) and better seats for the fashion show i think.
    I was thinking about going on the first day (friday) as they're all fresh and new etc. Being slightly "disabled" (hate that word, I have mobility problems) makes having VIP tickets slightly helpful - not having to stand in long queues etc.

I don't know if I can get VIP tickets anymore, had a look on the site but they say 'unavailable' :|
  • Options
    I went a few years a go with school and it was great! I'm not going this year, though I wish I was :( . Up to now my boyfriends band are in the line up to play at the clothes show over the weekend, so look out for The Vandahls!
  • Options
    I've been lots of times. The best part for me is the fashion show, plus the freebies.

It's quite amusing watching all the girls desperately trying to be 'spotted', prancing around the stalls.

Sometimes though, I think you're basically paying to go to a big shopping centre.
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I went a few years a go with school and it was great! I'm not going this year, though I wish I was :( . Up to now my boyfriends band are in the line up to play at the clothes show over the weekend, so look out for The Vandahls!

Ohhh I've seen the vandahls! twice i think! :] thats cool i'll keep me eyes out if they're there on friday.
  • Options
    There are some good bands lined up this year, also look out for Bill Davro and the Popes who are playing!