Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Dots on the penis...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm new to this site, i need some help on a few things... I'm 15 years old and pretty much as soon as i hit puberty (about 12 and a half) i noticed these yellow spots on my penis. they're mainly only noticeable when i have an erection and i pull it back, but a few are always there. They're mainly towards the end of the penis. they're bigger at the end.

i know there have been other threads like this but, they've all been just one or two spots, But i've got lots of them. And i wouldn't be worried if it wasn't for the fact that a girl wants to start being intimate with me (i know im young)... but if anyone has any idea's i'd be glad for the help.

Comments

• Options
    It could be associated with your tendency to get hot and sweaty in this area, as sweat glands can become inflamed and enlarged!

I think it is more likely to be a sebaceous cyst (or pilar cyst as they are also called) because this is a common site for them. They are usually yellowish in colour with the skin taut and shiny over them, rather like having a small yellow pea under the surface.

I would advise you to go to your doctor. Reassurance is important, and also this is not a place where a young man will want any problems. I think this could be sorted out for you, so go along, and don't be embarrassed because your doctor will have been presented with many similar problems before.

Oh also it could be pimples. My husband gets them once in awhile. Like I said though go and talk with your Doctor.
  • Options
    thanks, i don't think they're pimples because they've been there and havent changed at all. but i think ur right about inflamed sweat glands because i do a lot of sports lol :)
    I forgot to mention i did show my dad when it first appeared and he said it was nothing and that it was normal... but i doubted him.

thanks for your help
  • Options
    Pommie wrote: »
    thanks, i don't think they're pimples because they've been there and havent changed at all. but i think ur right about inflamed sweat glands because i do a lot of sports lol :)
    I forgot to mention i did show my dad when it first appeared and he said it was nothing and that it was normal... but i doubted him.

thanks for your help

Well if your Dad said it was normal then he's probably had the same thing? maybe? I don't know. But you should look it up. Like google "Yellow spots on Penis" or how ever you want to word it. I'm also sure it's nothing to be worried about, that is if you havent had sex yet. But better safe then sorry.

Take care of yourself :p
  • Options
    yea i thought that too, no i haven't had sex yet, so i doubt it's an infection.
  • Options
    well that's good. don't wanna sound like a nag but. always remember...

Cover your stump before you hump.

Before you attack her, wrap your wrapper.

Don't be silly, protect your willy.

When in doubt, shroud your spout.

If you're not going to sack it, go home and whack it.

If you go into heat, package your meat.

Especially in December, gift wrap your member.

If you really love her, wear a cover.

Don't make a mistake! Muzzle your snake.

Sex is cleaner with a packaged wiener.

Never deck her with an unwrapped pecker.

If you can't shield your rocket, leave it in your pocket.

No glove, No love.

Don't be in such a jiffy, cover your stiffy.

AIDS is no joke, be sure to wrap before you poke.

I hope I helped.
  • Options
    lol those were some great sayings thanks.
    Have a good day.
  • Options
    Thanks, take care.
  • Options
    Just to reassure you - you're almost certainly talking about something entirely normal and natural. They are called, rather bizarrely, pearly penile papules -

You can read the factsheet from TheSite.org here -
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/generalhealth/menshealth/pearlypenilepapules

Any google image search for the term should show you pictures that will confirm they are what you are talking about.

Just to be clear, these are entirely natural. Some people do have them removed but it would only be done in cases where cosmetic surgery was necessary due to serious mental health problems. For the vast, vast majority of people it's just a case of getting used to something that's perfectly normal though not what you might expect.

Ideally I'd suggest thinking of them the same way people would freckles or birth marks, just something that makes you unique, not a medical problem.

You shouldn't be worried about seeing your doctor either, he or she would be able to confirm the same thing and it's good to get used to being open about anything bothering you.

It might also help you to know that they are common in somewhere between 8 and 48% of the population, though more commonly with unciircumcised men.