Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Twins

**helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
How do you perceive them?

Here's a rant about the issue - The same but different :)

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sooooo true!

I get all the twin questions all the time, even though we're not identical. It's so annoying. And I always get referred to as "Lizzy's twin", which is even more annoying.
  • Options
    And here was me thinknig it was going to be about http://www.gorila.sk/i/imgs_orig/246/6246.jpg
  • Options
    Me and my sister often get mistaken for twins and thats incrediably annoying especially as she is two years younger than me !

We don't even look that much alike and our personalities are completely different .. the only thing we really have in common is dark eyes/ curly dark hair and sense of humour!
  • Options
    My dad's a twin, and I've never known 2 more different people.

And there are 5 other sets of twins in his family. It's like twin central, which of course is vaguely ominous for me, entering my childbearing years and whatnot :chin:
  • Options
    If the twins happen to be young, fit blondes, who both fancy spending a night in bed with me... :naughty:

Nah, seriously, I like twins. I know two of them - they're called Emma and Lucy. Two red-heads in their early 20s. They're non-identical twins, but for years, I kept confusing their names. That was until the day Emma said "you call me Lucy one more time, and I'll be getting a knife and ripping off your balls". Since that day, I've always got their names right. I've spoken to them both about being twins - they often talk about how incredibly close they are, for instance.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "If one of you hurts yourself does the other feel their pain?"
    "I don't have to ask you the same question. I just asked your sister and you think the same anyway."

:chin: What are people smoking?
  • Options
    I think if they're identical it's quite handy to have someone to compare them to cos that way you can judge if you fancy someone for more then just looks.
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    I think if they're identical it's quite handy to have someone to compare them to cos that way you can judge if you fancy someone for more then just looks.

Yeah that's really handy. :eek2:
  • Options
    There are twins in our village here in Sweden who are identical and are really just... identical. Their parents dress them differently every day to aid people in telling them apart (one always has a green-theme, the other blue) but I suspect it's to help them, too. I'm good friends with their mother so see them all the time and never have a clue which is little Max and which is Jonas. I tend to just take a wild stab in the dark, I have a pretty good success rate these days :D

My girls are as different as day and night, so far. But they're non-identical and have extenuating circumstances anyway having been apart as often as together. I can imagine they won't be any more similar than sisters are... and we all know that sisters can almost seem like identical twins while other sisters are like chalk and cheese. Time will tell.

Most of the twins I've known haven't given the 'psychic' blather or been remarkably similar. Though I've known most of them in their own right without really knowing their twin, and none of them have been identical.
  • Options
    My younger brothers are identical twins and although they may look alike (only me and my sister can tell them apart....my mum even mixes them up!) they couldn't be more different.

One if definately more academic, and helpful than the other lol. One is cheeky and one is quiet.