Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Beer vs Coke

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Since coke is seen as the natural drink when you're not drinking, so to speak, I wondered how they'd compare. Since coke isn't very healthy either!

So is coke any better for you than alcohol, with all the acid / sugar and so on. We'll assume you're sensible enough not to drink diet coke :p

Or is water the only healthy option, but if you're going out with friends why would you drink water unless you were trying to win some form of bet?

Comments

• Options
    Water is delicious. There is nothing more refreshing. And coke removes acid build up (or something, that blue fuzzy looking stuff) from car batteries right before your eyes! :eek2:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    JD and Coke. The best of both worlds.
  • Options
    Water is delicious. There is nothing more refreshing. And coke removes acid build up (or something, that blue fuzzy looking stuff) from car batteries right before your eyes! :eek2:

Yea, theres a pic on the net floating around of the coke syrup which has loads of warning stickers over it.

http://pics.obra.se/0616_pepsi.jpg

hehe
  • Options
    Thats hilarous! And scary. The only thing the man drinks is coke. I've nagged him enough where maybe once or twice a week he'll get water out, but he still probably drinks half a dozen cans a day. I don't know how he has any insides left.
  • Options
    I'm a bit of a coke addict. Would definately prefer a coke then a beer, specially if it has a bit of JD in it ;):D
  • Options
    I don't drink Coke whether I'm drinking or not.
  • Options
    I only drink Code with JD.

Alcohol and sugar. Am I going to hell?
  • Options
    Rich-E wrote: »
    I only drink Code with JD.

Alcohol and sugar. Am I going to hell?
    Yes.

You are.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Or is water the only healthy option, but if you're going out with friends why would you drink water unless you were trying to win some form of bet?

Or if you're pilled up at a rave.
  • Options
    I remember reading the other day some scientists were saying a pint of lager after the gym is better for you than water!

Gone is my water bottle and I'm taking a bottle of Corona to the gym now :D

I drink both Pepsi (not Coke) and Lager. Who cares if they are bad for you. Stick it on the list of everything else thats bad.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Fruit juice is nice too.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    I remember reading the other day some scientists were saying a pint of lager after the gym is better for you than water!

I drink both Pepsi (not Coke) and Lager. Who cares if they are bad for you. Stick it on the list of everything else thats bad.

It's about everything in moderation though. If you're having 6 or 7 various drinks in a night, if all of them are alcohol you're probably drinking too much. Same with coke. I think water (or fruit juice) are the only things you can continue to drink.
  • Options
    I normally drink fruit juice when I'm being the designated driver, I can't stand fizzy pop normally.
  • Options
    I never drink coke or any fizzy drinks, ever since I read about it in a book it's put me off for life! It can't be healthy to drink loads of it, with all the sugar!
  • Options
    I love water, nothing wrong with that at all!

If I drink coke, unless I am on a cheat day or mid binge then I will always drink diet or zero! Only 5 cals a can! lol

If I fancy a variation I have something like -

Blackcurrent & Soda
    Orange Juice & Soda

etc

Of course usually I cane 5 pints of stella and spend the rest of the night on JD and diet coke!! lol

I prefer diet coke in large quantities anyway, it doesn't coat the mouth the same way the sugarry shit does!

If you are trying to be good and want to drink try diet coke with a clear spirit like vodka etc..
  • Options
    If I'm not drinking, I tend to drink soda and lime, which is cheap and much better for you than pop.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »

Thats funny. I always crave beer after a workout, and it always seems to taste so much better :p
  • Options
    Hate lager, love pepsi.