Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Please help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have bin searching on google for answers but cannot find any, and i have had these for some time now.

When i pull back my foreskin, on the underside of my penis are some white spot things and when i have an erection they are more visible. Please tell me what they are and how to get rid of them!!! Also, when i have an extreme hard on the underside of my shaft has sort of bumps coming from under the skin, but i am too frightened of going to the doctor or getting seen going into a sex clinic as i am only 13, but i am well devoloped for my age if you get what i mean

please help!

Comments

• Options
    Just to reassure you - you're almost certainly talking about something entirely normal and natural. They are called, rather bizarrely, pearly penile papules -

You can read the factsheet from TheSite.org here -
    http://www.thesite.org/healthandwellbeing/generalhealth/menshealth/pearlypenilepapules

Any google image search for the term should show you pictures that will confirm they are what you are talking about.

Just to be clear, these are entirely natural. Some people do have them removed but it would only be done in cases where cosmetic surgery was necessary due to serious mental health problems. For the vast, vast majority of people it's just a case of getting used to something that's perfectly normal though not what you might expect.

Ideally I'd suggest thinking of them the same way people would freckles or birth marks, just something that makes you unique, not a medical problem.

You shouldn't be worried about seeing your doctor either, he or she would be able to confirm the same thing and it's good to get used to being open about anything bothering you.

It might also help you to know that they are common in somewhere between 8 and 48% of the population, though more commonly with unciircumcised men.
  • Options
    calcium deposits, completely normal.
  • Options
    phew, thank god!!! but would you girls think its dirty or anythin?? would this effect my sexual life??
  • Options
    I would think that it's one of those things you'll know is there and no one else will even notice - or will just think is perfectly normal.
  • Options
    josh_0000 wrote: »
    phew, thank god!!! but would you girls think its dirty or anythin?? would this effect my sexual life??
    Jim V wrote: »
    I would think that it's one of those things you'll know is there and no one else will even notice - or will just think is perfectly normal.

As Jim says, most girls won't even notice it unless you draw attention to it. Fro example, we may think our pimples, for example, are bigger than how other people actually see them - and actually draw attention to them by our own insecurity.

What you have is natural, will not harm your sex life and now, if someone ever does ask what they are, you can feel safe in knowing that you are not some kind of freak - but just one of many people that have this condition that is as natural as freckles.