Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Your mortgage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What kind of property do you live in and how much is your mortgage per month? When did you buy your home? Sorry to be nosy, I know it's rather a personal question so I'll go ahead and answer first...

I live in a three bedroomed mid-terrace house with kitchen, lounge, two bathrooms, conservatory and large rear garden. The mortgage is £637 pcm and we bought the house in April 2007.

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    We live in a 2 bedroom semi detached bungalow, has the usual bathroom, lounge, kitchen, back & front gardens.

The loft is in the middle of being converted into another bedroom too.

Mortgage is I think £390 a month, we bought it in 2004.
  • Options
    I've got a 2 bed semi, front and back gardens, massive hole where there was once a garage, etc.

Bought spring 2005, mortgage is abour £390 p/m, depending what the interest rate feels like doing.
  • Options
    pssh Kaff can we rent your house next year? That's £100 less than we pay on rent!
  • Options
    pssh Kaff can we rent your house next year? That's £100 less than we pay on rent!

The rent on it is quite a bit more than the mortgage! I'd like to say I make a crapload of money, but I don't - still have loads of outgoings on it at the moment, so am barely breaking even.
  • Options
    :( ok then

(I remember it's more because we talked about it aaages ago when you came round. Oh and I still have your crochet stuff!)
  • Options
    The apartment I own is a two bed in a converted mill. Stunning. 8' high sash windows, exposed brickwork, vaulted ceilings, room to room surround system + plasma, remote control lighting system etc.

I let my brother live in it as it's up North and I'm in London. Bastard.

Bought it the back end of last year and the mortgage is £660/month, interest only.
  • Options
    I live in a 3 bedroom semi-detached in a quiet cul-de-sac. Got a lounge/diner, kitchen, 3 bedrooms (obviously!), along with front and rear gardens, and a drive and garage. Brought in April 2007 and my 100% mortgage sets us back £800 a month :)
  • Options
    I'm renting myself, but for comparrison I'll let y'all in on my friends' latest purchases.

Example One -Large three bed semi, ex-council, small front and back garden, double drive no garage, bought Jan '07, £550 pm.

Example Two - three bed semi, small front, mid sized landscaped back gardens, bought Dec 06, £850 pm approx.
  • Options
    Mid Terrace cottage, 2bed, living, kitchen dining bathroom small office/cubyhole area, now selling, Bought jan 07 Mortgage 600pcm cost 135k
  • Options
    4 bed mid terrace with rear access (4th bedroom is a loft conversion with an en-suite). Bought in November last year and mortgage is about £650 a month interest only...

Currently knocking through lounge and dining room as well as adding a conservatory so should be adding some value at the same time!
  • Options
    (I remember it's more because we talked about it aaages ago when you came round. Oh and I still have your crochet stuff!)

I know! We should have another mini-scale meet, and I will retrieve it! :p
  • Options
    Mini scale as in do you want to come round sometime at a convenient point when neither of us are working, and I shall do a big banquet of hobnobs and coke like last time?
  • Options
    3 bed mid terraced, lounge, conservatory, front and rear gardens. Bought Sept 2007 for £141k, mortgage is £605 a month repayment.
  • Options
    Have my own house in Central London. Bought it for £500k in March, £100k deposit. I pay £3-4k monthly, £1.5k interest, rest repayment (fully flexible). Hope to pay off the mortgage by 2010 and buy me a Mayfair penthouse :)
  • Options
    you could get razzle for cheaper
  • Options
    What's that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    What's that supposed to mean?

She's making a joke referencing some top-shelf magazines - Razzle, Mayfair and Penthouse.

You're probably too young to have bothered with magazines - the internet was in full swing for your age-group ;)