Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tired of the chase...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
well the title says it all really....

you meet someone great, she makes it obvious that she likes you, but then its you who's been doing the chasing recently.

Thats the predicament i'm in, i'd like to get to know her better, but i dont want to come as across as a stalker / nutter.

What to do....?

anyway, any suggestions much appreciated

Comments

• Options
    keep going! Unless shes makes it perfectly clear shes not interested most girls love a man chasing them. :yes:
  • Options
    but then if you keep contacting her it will cheese her off surely....
  • Options
    How did you two meet? And have you asked her out?

Playing it cool can make the other person think you're not interested and in turn make them play it cool! Probably leading to neither of you getting togehter. So my advice is to just carry on as you are and ask her out for a drink if you haven't already. If she's replying to your messages she is obviously interested.
  • Options
    Just through friends + common interests. I did ask if she wanted to do something this weekend, but she was busy. by the way dont drink, either of us

The thing is though, both of us have quite tiring jobs during the week, so any free time is the weekend, but then im away these next couple of weeks. arrrrrrghhhh!

Yeah I understand what you're saying lipsy, havent spoken to her since friday, been away, but im just going plod on through the week and see what happens. dont want it that im becoming the person who's always trying to iniate stuff.
  • Options
    teabag wrote: »
    but im just going plod on through the week and see what happens. dont want it that im becoming the person who's always trying to iniate stuff.

Then it could just fade away because she might not actually be an initiator. Some people have it in them to chase, and some don't, if she falls into the "non chaser" category, you could find that waiting to see wether she initiates something means that not only will nothing happen, but that she will rapidly lose interest.

This is what happens with me, I am not a chaser, I am introverted. Any guy wanting to get with me has to do alot of groundwork to make me aware he is interested, and even once I am aware I still do not intiate things.

Not until I am comfortable (which is usually at the "this could be love" stage) do I intiate contact, or chasing, or showing reverse interest back. It's just the way I am.

She may be the same so keep that in mind before you pull back to see what happens.