Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Being in love

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 23... Never been in love, never been in a long term relationship (pretty much unable to to be fair).

Just fooled around some with guys and girls...

Is it weird being 23 and never having bee in a proper relationship? Be honest...

Would it put you off going out with somebody if they'd never done a proper relationship/commitment before?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think so. You've been 'involved' with people but it seems that you've just been unlucky. I think the prospect for your future partner is less threatening then if you had been mega experienced.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    I'm 23... Never been in love, never been in a long term relationship (pretty much unable to to be fair).

Just fooled around some with guys and girls...

Is it weird being 23 and never having bee in a proper relationship? Be honest...

Would it put you off going out with somebody if they'd never done a proper relationship/commitment before?
    ^ That would definately not put me off (or put most guys off for that matter).

I'm in a similar position btw, except I'm a guy. I've never been in a proper relationship. Theres nothing stopping me (not as much as there was anyway), but I just haven't found the right person and I'm not the kinda person who would just go for anyone for the sake of it.

Tbh idealy if I go into a proper relationship, I only want to do it once.
  • Options
    I dont think its weird in the slightest, but it might make me cautious because of what I personally want/need from a relationship and the fact ive got children etc.
  • Options
    sanitize wrote: »
    ^ That would definately not put me off (or put most guys off for that matter).

I'm in a similar position btw, except I'm a guy. I've never been in a proper relationship. Theres nothing stopping me (not as much as there was anyway), but I just haven't found the right person and I'm not the kinda person who would just go for anyone for the sake of it.

Tbh idealy if I go into a proper relationship, I only want to do it once.

I hear that...

No rushing things.
  • Options
    I dont think it weird at all. I'm 22, never been in love and only had one realationship.

Some people just dont want to make a commitnebt unless the other person is really worth it.
  • Options
    I don't think its weird, I'm 19 and never been inlove and even though sometimes im envious of my friends relationships sometimes i think i would prefer being young and single
  • Options
    I dont think its weird, Im 28 and ive only been in love once. been in a few relationships tho, but some I wish I hadnt been.
    Think its all down to choice, individuals etc. Dont think it would bother me if was with someone who hadnt really been in a relationship before, but I would wonder why I think-and ask them.
  • Options
    It's not weird, I don't think. I was about 23 when I got into my first serious relationship (with my boyfriend, who'd had a couple before) and it didn't put him off at all. Try not to worry too much, everyone is different and what's right for other people isn't necessarily what's right for you.
  • Options
    my boyfriend had never had a girlfriend before me, and i met him when he was 21. i was slightly wary, but it didn't put me off as such. and it was nice actually, because he'd never been hurt before and didn't have any kind of bitter feelings. and no exes!! DEFINITELY a plus. but then he thought that having a girlfriend meant you can't see your friends. so thats probably why he never bothered with one. swings and roundabouts, there's advantages and disadvantages. i wouldn't think it'd put anyone off though.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Nope. In fact, I'd actually have a preference for that. Far rather that than a woman scorned. :p No, seriously, people should try to avoid carrying their prejudices about love and relationships from one partner to the next, but they do it, I'm afraid. Someone who's never had a relationship will have no pre-conceived idea of what one is like. They are, in effect, a blank canvas.