Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone got any good faiting stories?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9wWtSarGzU

So in light of this video anyone fainted in style? :)

I think I did once when I was iccle - not idea why but I think I was at the top of the staircase at the time too .. :yes:

Comments

• Options
    I used to faint at everything. Not full on black out for a minute, but fainty enough. Blood taken, occasionally shots, piercings... fainted when my sister got her ears pierced and some friends got some facial piercings. It was winter and I had to go lay down outside on a bench and I hadn't even had anything done! Always a bit embaressing.
  • Options
    I used to faint quite a bit. Most embarrassing had to be whilst i was at work one day...i got sent home cos i was vomiting, so i was waiting at the bus stop in the hospital grounds for my bus home and i started to feel light headed. The next thing i knew i woke up on the floor, and i had vomited whilst out cold so i had a lovely gravel stuck on with vomit look on my cheek!! I woke up to an old lady leaning over me and saying "are you alright dear?!" Several people stopped to ask me if i was ok, and one ran in the hospital to grab a couple of paramedics, who proceeded to help me up and put me in a wheel chair. They then wheeled me through the hospital grounds to A&E, all the while i was still in uniform, with sick all down my side!! Oh the shame!! :blush:
  • Options
    I was once very poorly, had been off school for at least a fortnight with a chest infection which triggered off my unknown at the time asthma. Anyway, thought I was going to be sick and got out of bed to the sink in the bathroom and was leaning over it. Suddenly I went all dizzy, looked in the mirror ahead of me and didn't know where I was, could see the room spinning.

Next thing I opened my eyes and I was led in the bath!!! I didn't move for a moment; then realised I must have fainted and fell into the bath! I scrambled out and crawled out of the bathroom unable to stand up and sat at the top of the stairs. I tried to call out for someone downstairs but nothing came out of my mouth, and I didn't have the energy or have enough trust in myself to walk downstairs. So I waited until someone came up. My head was banging like never before.

No idea how heavy I went down or how long I was in the bath for! Mabye it explains the way I am today :razz:
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Never fainted, as far as I know. The closest thing is that when I get up suddenly sometimes my brain "reboots".
  • Options
    Never fainted, as far as I know. The closest thing is that when I get up suddenly sometimes my brain "reboots".

:lol:
  • Options
    i fainted on a guy i really liked new years eve 2003 or 4, i hadn't eaten anything for a hell of a long time and was very woozy....he didn't apreciate it...:(
  • Options
    fainted in class once - don't remember much of that morning apart from coming round to see my teacher looking as if she was panicking and my 'friend' killing herslef laughing. lots of fun..:rolleyes:
  • Options
    I have never fainted.

I almost did once... In the middle of a staircase at hospital. But I crawled towards a window with the help of a nurse and was OK again with some fresh air. :)
  • Options
    Last year I had been out on the razz the night before with hardly any sleep and no food. I was at the hairdressers having my hair washed and i suddenly became VERY hot. I sat up, started taking the towels and my top off! then the next thing i woke up and everyone was stood around me with an ambulance on its way. I had banged my head on the sink on the way down too.

the other time i was walking down the street and went really dizzy. i managed to get into a cafe said soemthing about needing help and fainted..then fainted again. that was because i hadn't eaten aswell..
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    the other time i was walking down the street and went really dizzy. i managed to get into a cafe said soemthing about needing help and fainted..then fainted again. that was because i hadn't eaten aswell..

LOL .. Good thing then you fainted in a cafe :)

Quick this woman needs some bacon butties stat .. :D
  • Options
    i fainted in work once. i was talking to this guy aswell and fell into his arms!!!!

shame!!!!!
  • Options
    I had blood taken and they took 4 tubes. I went down the stairs of the drs after it was finished and fainted on the pavement outside! I came round and picked myself up and fainted again on the bonnet of a parked car! Lots of people around but no-one helped. Thanks! :thumb:
  • Options
    The entire year group was in the hall waiting to start an exam; total silence then CRASH, my friend falls off her chair and crumples onto the floor. Sooo embarrassing for her! Everyone thought it was nerves but she had 'stomach cramps' or something.
  • Options
    My sister fainted once when she was around 17 (ten years ago). She said that her eyesight went distorted then she K/O'd. I've not fainted (yet!)

I also saw something on You've Been Framed, a bunch of video clips of people fainting at weddings. It was just at weddings, no where else.
  • Options
    once I was really drunk and sat on a wooden fence thing and apparently I just went WOOOSH and went backwards as I passed out .. are passing out and fainting the same thing?

I've never fainted when I've been sober
  • Options
    i collapsed in the school caffeteria one time after doing a 3 mile run. it ws so embarassing!! all of a sudden my vision went blue and i went down.
    woke up in the principles office!! got to go home early which was good :)

another time i was in the shower and fainted. must have been because of the heat and the fact i hadnt eaten in 3 days. luckily i dont think i was down too long thankfully!!. had a massive bruise on my bum where i fell tho
  • Options
    fainted after a 3 day binge of speed

was lying down, fucked, and got up and got that fuzzy feeling you get if you stand up too fast

only i woke up on the kitchen floor with my head cut in two different places!

nasty business :yuck:
  • Options
    Only ever fainted once, doing that silly wee game where you get on your hunkers and breathe in and out for 30 seconds, holding your last breath and getting someone to push against your chest against a wall, you get a wee buzz out of it but when I was pushed back I hit my head off the wall and fainted. Was aware of everything going on around me but couldn't open my eyes, surreal experience.

Passing out though when fucked, now that's a different story. :thumb:
  • Options
    Ive almost fainted in church... god musnt want me:no:
  • Options
    i passed out at my cousins wedding when i was 12, and i was the chief briesmaid so was stood behind her holding her flowers, that was great fun :(
  • Options
    I've never fainted. I've farted. I'm not sure what the spelling mistake in the title is supposed to be.
  • Options
    I've fainted once or twice. First was when I had a virus, hadn't eaten anything for a day or so, got up to go downstairs for a drink but fainted in the kitchen. Bashed my head on the side too so had to go to hospital. Not fun. The other times have been near-misses really...at a gig when I was far too hot, when I had my tragus pierced (such a wuss)...it's got to the point now when I can tell it's about to happen, my head goes all light and my vision gets blurry, hard to focus etc. It's a horrid feeling :(
  • Options
    Although I never pass out cold I often get to the stage of blurryness and it is horrible... kind of a limbo between awake and fainted! I think I would almost prefer to pass out completely :)

I dont get it so much now as I am more aware and make sure I eat/drink regularly (not the main factor but i find it does help)...

One of the worst ones I remember was while queuing in McDonalds with a friend... I knew it was coming as my vision goes very odd... all the colours swap places! I told my friend I needed to sit down but somehow realised there were no seats downstairs... I dragged myself upstairs holding onto the bannister for dear life as I could hardly see where I was going!

I tend to slowly return to normal after sitting but it knackers me out for hours afterwards!
  • Options
    I've never fainted. I've farted. I'm not sure what the spelling mistake in the title is supposed to be.

:lol: Didn't even notice that.
    Good one :thumb: